This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harbour Freight engines?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 4:43pm
Just like every thing else today they are so restricted because of EPA its a wonder they run at all. You'd be surprised at what just a bigger main jet, an open exhaust and an unrestricted air filter will do on them. And Joe the only thing I haven't seen for them that isn't available for them that is for something big is a super charger. They got nitrous kits turbo chargers you name it. The only thing holding them back is the size of the owners wallet. If somebody had a thou or two to waste I really think a 26 hp 212 would be sucked right through what they can be made into.
Sponsored Links

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 4:57pm
A lot of people don't know it so I guess this is a public service announcement  but the 212cc engine is also available, if you can find one, in a hemi version. If you can find one and know what to look for to tell them apart the hemi is more hp friendly than non hemi's.
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 6:22pm
@ Walker.....What do you mean by the "hemi" version? 
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
Hemispherical piston, head whole works like a Mopar hemi.

Edited by Walker - 01 Apr 2017 at 8:51pm
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:38pm
Oh, okay. Thanks! Smile
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

Just like every thing else today they are so restricted because of EPA its a wonder they run at all. You'd be surprised at what just a bigger main jet, an open exhaust and an unrestricted air filter will do on them. And Joe the only thing I haven't seen for them that isn't available for them that is for something big is a super charger. They got nitrous kits turbo chargers you name it. The only thing holding them back is the size of the owners wallet. If somebody had a thou or two to waste I really think a 26 hp 212 would be sucked right through what they can be made into.
One would have to assume that there is a point of no return........or, point of big bang and scattered parts.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:03pm
Lou, that's half the fun, seeing how close you can get to that point!  When you reach it, go to the HF store and plunk down another $99 bucks and build it up to almost the same point....
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 3:01am
John's right Lou. No one knows just where that line you spoke of lies. Even if they did it wouldn't always be in the same place. Best to have the price of another in your back pocket before on a 212 I'd be willing to go over 15 hp or so. Then ya salvage what you can and crack the seal on a new box. Besides the first mods are the cheapest with some free, but when you get past a certain point things start getting expensive. Price a Briggs Animal that some of the biggies will only run for a few races then toss and you will begin to see why people like to fiddle around with the chinko specials.
I got too old for it and started building the 212's for others then I got too old for even that but then got the itch to fool around with the big blocks 301 and 420's and right now have a 301 about half ways done for myself just to see what I can get it to do but I aint
going big bucks on it. The closer you take them to that line the lifespan of them shortens accordingly. Watch enough of them Detroit Hood TV videos and you'll see what I'm talking about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic