This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6 Injector pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6 Injector pump
    Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 7:33pm
Is the pump timed with the engine? Also..it sat up for 2 yrs..we can get fuel out of the everywhere except the top 4 lines..the single line to the injectors has pressure on it as you spin the motor but no fuel at all from T the top 4..Would the pump need rebuilding and if so..where can I send it to be built?
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 10:14pm
Terry, Yes the pump is timed to the engine.Any chance you could post a picture? The PSB pump that was common on those was very temperamental. If they sit very long and you hit the starter, things can break?  Any other history? Tractor serial number? 
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:15am
Open the side cover where the cable goes in and check to see if the shut off lever is moveable and check to see if the governor arm is free to move also...and lifting collar in back.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:36am
HD6B 11474 is the serial number on this dozer..it sat for 2 yrs and previous owner couldn't get it to crank so I bought it..I'm thinking this pump is bad but its getting fuel through the 1 line to the injectors but no fuel out the 4 lines on top to the injectors.W
Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:40am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:46am
You could try to check the transfer pump section, is the unit with two lines at bottom of photo, put the output line into a can and crank the engine see if it works at all.

Is a typical PSB injection pump and few shops will work them anymore.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:12am
Terry, Dave's right to try and check the transfer pump. It kind of sounds like it might be working. I would loosen all 4 injector lines at the top of the pump or where they go into the injector in the head and turn the engine over to see if you have fuel from all 4 lines. I'm unsure of the other line you are talking about. It sounds like you are talking about the return line that comes out of all the injectors and is hooked together. If so you won't get any fuel out of that line until it is actually running. Is that a crack in the side of the pump to the left of the spec plate?
Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:52am
No cracks. The 4 lines on top we get nothing out of..the 1 single line that runs from the injectors back to the pump is only place I'm getting fuel from..instead of the pump pumping it out the top 4 lines..its pushing it back up the return line to the injectors..we have used some either and it fired right up but pump seems to be working backwards somehow.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm
Sure looks like a crack to me.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:08pm
If you could removed the small  cover from injection pump for cable control  and removed the 2 small screws and removed the lock spring  from pine and pull out the small cylinder  with a small pine at the end that pine could be brooken.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:39pm
Take that side cover off that is held by the two screws and see if the arm is free, like gem dozer said, thake the govenor arm off the little swing arm that goes into the pump and see if it swings effortlessly there... and take te two screws out there and pull outthe arm and see if that arm fall on its own weight. it has to be that free... and see if a little "T" pin is broke or not if. if it all is good, you need to see if you have a passage that is plugged.

Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 5:24pm
All works freely. Nothing broken I can see..I'm Starting to think I got a money put on my hands
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 7:14pm
If you're getting fuel under pressure out of that return line maybe have a look at the elbow where it connects to the front of the pump.

There should be either a pressure valve around there (this from AC 45 book - I've never seen one) or a restrictor hole in that elbow.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:01pm
There has to be some return fuel from the pump to keep from popping the transfer pump or inj pump seals. If the shut off pin is broken it will be sending all the pumped fuel back to tank.
Steve allis dozer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve allis dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:36am
Just something you could look at !
I ran my dads HD11 out of fuel once and when i tried to get it going again I could not get any fuel at the pump like you describe , after trying a lot of different  things i end up checking the lines right back to the tank and found one of the rubber hoses had perished and the rubber had blocked the line completely (it looked fine on the outside ) anyway after replacing them fuel flowed to the pump no problem , the tractor even started and ran better than it ever had since my dad bought it .

Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:16am
Where can I get a manual to Show how to set the pump timingvto the engine?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 1:48pm
There is an ad in the clissifieds section of this forum, where a guy is selling construction and engine manuals. Might be worth it to give that a try. I just seen that now. Good luck. Darrel
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:03am
Tfordala, I believe that you will find the pump timing is in one of the pics I sent you... pic HD6 pump7  and it will show page 32 at bottom of pic and starts at 'Procedures for installing and timing the fuel injection pump'.

If any one else wants photo copied info on injection pump timing and settings and how the metering valve works etc., there are 17 jpg pics or rather 17 pages from repair book.  ... Send your email address and I will send them to you through email.
raptuous View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raptuous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 7:41pm
Hi,

I just registered on here after finding a lot of good info already.  Keeping with the scope of this thread I have a HD 6G crawler I'm trying to get going with a lot of help from my diesel mechanic friends.  It was left in the bush for four years and the top of the engine got water in it.  Block wasn't cracked but the valve seats and face were heavily rusted so it's just come back from the machine shop with a good seal.  I've ordered a top end gasket set from Syracuse Machine and should have the starter rebuilt by the weekend.  Some rust on the cylinder walls but I should be able to hone it out.

Here's my question, we rolled it over two weeks ago and we had fuel come out of the loosened injector lines.  The injectors were sent off to an injector shop and three of the four were seized.  They've got them apart miraculously but aren't sure if the tips can be saved.  Does anyone know a Bosch number to find replacements and what the injection pumps PSI should be?  If they can salvage the injectors they'd like to know what pressure to set them to.  

Engine is a 6000 series, deep dish pistons and direct injection.  The seller gave me a parts breakdown manual with it and had written S/N 17xxx so hoping it's for this machine.  Any random advice is appreciated.  
Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:30pm
I need this head for my pump.
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 12:53am
There is a nut on the side off the hydraulic head on the PSB pump ,undo it and make sure the little spring inside is not broken or jammed .
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:12am
I have 3 injection pumps PSB4A but only one have a tag on side head 59000 ar
logdog1200 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logdog1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 9:41pm
I have a manual right here in front of me. I can copy these pages and mail them to you if you like.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by gemdozer gemdozer wrote:

I have 3 injection pumps PSB4A but only one have a tag on side head 59000 ar

Gemdozer

I understand that the "r" sufix says rebuilt
Tfordala View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tfordala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 8:19am
Can you email the timing instructions on the HD 6 injector pump to TFordALA@AOL.COM..Thanks.   Terry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic