This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 performance parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 performance parts
    Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:37am
So, did you have a plate made to bolt to the flywheel? I really like that idea, but lots have used bolts through the clutch disc to act as a drive lug. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Sponsored Links

mbachmojave View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 6:54pm
Does anyone have any good advise when it comes to rear tire rims? I currently am setting my 7060 up with 9 bolt rears, I have very heavy set of u-bolt style axle hubs and plan to use standard 9 bolt center plate in an 18" rim.   Any input about this, or thought about going to weld on 10 bolt?     
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 12:38pm
Yea i purchased a second tractor for the good running engine, power director, things like that to build up for my pulling tractor, but also much easier to learn and understand how things work if you can look and touch. the tractor would drive forwards only, shifter and forks all in good shape, with shift tower removed, you could move the shift sleeves however 2nd gear would not move on the shaft, and could not be engaged, if you shifted into any other gear it would lock the entire transmission up,with engine running you could see oil being pumped and coming out between gears... same with the high-low, I looked closer and it is actually the low range gear stuck on the shaft, unless you were in neutral or low range it would also bind up.   I did remove the transmission housing from rear differential housing last night, and everything was full of fluid at this point, but you may be very right, about leaking out before.....fluid in rear diff area was very clean, oil in transmission area, milky, but at level, fluid in range area also at level but dirty, the screen that was mounted to pump inside lower diff housing had lots of debris in it.   
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:00pm
I've seen the high and low range shafts seize together. That was far more common than I'd like to think. I always blamed it on oil leaks underneath and no one ever checking transmission oil levels......too difficult to pull the dipstick in the cab and check it. Never seen "second" gear seize on the mainshaft of the transmission.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 5:41pm
7060 appears that both second gear, and the high range gear are seized onto their shafts, anyone have any Idea what may have happened?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 6:43pm
Does anyone have any advise, or do's and don'ts for welding a bolt in center on a 38" rim?   Have some 38 x 16 rims with bolt in center with roughly 6" offset, going to weld them into spare dual rims I have 38x 18" the dual rims have wedge locks in them and dual clamping ring...... anyone see issues with doing this? thanks
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:52am
An inline pump like was on the 1206 in that video, and used by many, many pulling tractors, have a plunger & barrel assembly for each cylinder it's feeding. They always go up and down the same distance by a camshaft, and roller lifters. They are all connected to a common "rack" which is controlled by the governor to rotate the plungers back and forth which is how the fuel delivery is regulated by an angle cut on the plungers.(Helix). So, now when one plunger sticks in it's barrel, they are all held in that position of rotation, so you can no longer control the delivery. You will have the remaining cylinders pumping, and in this case was a lot of fuel. This is why diesel pulling tractors have an air shut-off, as well as fuel flow shut-off valves. Clear as mud?
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:55pm
Ed,give a tutorial on the "stuck plunger".There may be those who don't know what that's all about.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

I caught a video of a 1206 on YouTube exploding a flywheel. The first attempt shows just how that fellow abuses his tractor. When he had chosen toooo high of a gear he really put some heat into the clutch. then after trying again in a lower gear he got out of the hole, made a pull, then the flywheel exploded, cutting the tractor in two.  It's not so much the RPMs as the heat involved. Most muscle cars of the later 60s had grey iron flywheels and would turn near 6K RPM from the factory. But when you factor in the heat that starting a load at near tp RPM with a turbocharged engine, that will cause the cast to crack. Try welding a cast iron moldboard and watch it fall apart when it cools. Welding cast is nearly a lost art.  Even though you won't be stressing the flywheel as you plan to use your 7060 it might be a good idea to have "tie bars" to connect the front frame with the rear end housing.

In that video, about 100 feet out you can hear it start missing, that is when a plunger in the pump stuck, so when it almost died at the end, he clutched it and it ran away and blew the already hot flywheel to bits. The flag man should have never let him go the way he was slipping that clutch!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:29am
Ok thanks for the advise, that movie is scary. wonder why it took off after he stopped.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:34am
I caught a video of a 1206 on YouTube exploding a flywheel. The first attempt shows just how that fellow abuses his tractor. When he had chosen toooo high of a gear he really put some heat into the clutch. then after trying again in a lower gear he got out of the hole, made a pull, then the flywheel exploded, cutting the tractor in two.  It's not so much the RPMs as the heat involved. Most muscle cars of the later 60s had grey iron flywheels and would turn near 6K RPM from the factory. But when you factor in the heat that starting a load at near tp RPM with a turbocharged engine, that will cause the cast to crack. Try welding a cast iron moldboard and watch it fall apart when it cools. Welding cast is nearly a lost art.  Even though you won't be stressing the flywheel as you plan to use your 7060 it might be a good idea to have "tie bars" to connect the front frame with the rear end housing.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 3:21pm
Ah ok, make sense thanks for the input, one less thing I have to worry about...
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm
No, the heat generated from slipping the clutch is what leads to explosions along with the rpm.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:41am
Ah ok, so basically, if you had a real heavy pressure plate on it, and you were putting all the force between the clutch disc and flywheel, that is where the extra stress comes from..
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:16am
You are not using your flywheel as the regular clutch surface. If you follow thru with your plans, there will be a drive disc bolted to the flywheel. 3000 RPM's is a number Insurance Companies have dictated as safe for most Pulling Clubs I'm associated with. Your flywheel isn't going to explode the way you are going to use it.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:47am
People keep talking about breaking the cast flywheel, how likely is that to happen, staying at 3000 rpm?    Or where could you find a steel flywheel, for 7060, 426 engine?   thanks
7040 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 7:51pm
You could probably buy new oversized fuel line from Ed the price isn't that bad
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:19am
Ahh right... we were thinking of welding the center out of a bolt on rim onto the center of a set to duals I have that are the correct width.
Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 9:14am
Cut the rim and add material.
When someone tells you Nothings Impossible, Tell them to slam a revolving door
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 8:35am
Does anyone know where I can get a set of fuel injection lines, off a 7080, with stanadyne fuel system?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 8:05pm
What do you mean by widen out the rim? Move it out on the axle? Or cut the rim and add material?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 7:47pm
Sure, it will go right on, but if you want it to work, you'll widen out the rim at least 2 inches if not 4 inches.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 7:28pm
Does anyone know off the top of your head, can a guy put a 20.8 38 tire onto a rim that is meant for a 18.4 38? thanks
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 5:29pm
Hey guys thanks for the reply's everyone is giving me good advise and ideas of where to go with this project. Just got back from picking up a second 7060 mainly for parts, but makes me feel much better to see the engine runs alright on this one, give me lots to think about and ability to tear the parts tractor apart and figure something's out.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:06am
I now have a bullet proof head gasket in stock for the 426, to go along with the fire rings. It's not much higher priced than the AGCO gasket. 
ACman75 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACman75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:13am
You could just go with a new agco head gasket and drop on fire rings. We've pulled this season with our 210 with roughly 450 hps and making about 50lbs of boost with no issues.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbachmojave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 7:56am
Hoping not to get that high on boost just yet, should have the pump governed below 3000, I plan on building a stronger engine, just hoping to run this one that way it is for the next year if I can.   So wondering if I should put a little time and effort into keeping this one together for the next season.....
Joe(IA) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 6:27am
We pulled 7060's for years in late 70s and 80s and did real well.  Dr Allis has given you very good advice.   We had laser tips, dedicated pulling pump and turbo.  We also used 7080 injector lines(bigger), electric fuel pump and ran water to cool the turbo.  Dealer also  addressed torque limiter nothing like what you are considering.  Dynoed tractor and was 300 plus.  Keep in mind hp isn't everything.  Proper weighting of tractor, tires and pressure and shifting tractor at the right time are maybe more important than hp.  We stayed on the low side of power director because of the torque limiter.  We pulled 15k class in 5th gear and 18k in fourth.  Our speed was faster than most.  Ran 20.8 BF goodrich radials and these tires were the answer.  We would consistently beat bosch deeres and cases.  Only tractor couldn't beat was a 6030 deere!  We farmed many years with this tractor also.  Mainly pulled in iowa and minnesota.  Have fun!
7040 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 10:05pm
While you're doing rod bolts you schould consider having rods hardened. Also pull sleaves and have grooved for fire rings. The head gasket will fail if you don't
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 4:21pm
Unless you're going to run over 3,000 RPM all the time, stock valve springs are fine. You will probably fail a head gasket at some point when you get much over 40 pounds of boost.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic