This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7045 intermittent air conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7045 intermittent air conditioning
    Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 10:23pm
When I first turn on the A.C. on my 7045 it is cool enough to be comfortable. It will stay that way for 15 minutes or so, then it starts getting warmer and warmer. If I shut off the fan and the thermostat for about 5 minutes, then turn it back on it will be nice and cool again. If I turn off the thermostat but not the fan, the air just stays warm and doesn't get cool again when i turn it back on. Any ideas why it acts this way? Its better than not having a.c. at all, but would like to be cool all the time.
Sponsored Links

SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 10:33pm
the condenser in the roof is freezing up. or it's low on cold juice.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 10:38pm
when my 7010 or my 2290 does that, I take the roof panel off and blow out the dust and caked mud up there, then all is fine again! if you take a hose and nozzle to it up there you'll gits a lot of water in the cab.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:56am
Agree with Dale, it's going to be one or the other.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:23am
Listen to shameless, he's got it right. Except the condenser is in front of radiator and evaporator is in top of cab.   MACK
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:41am
we carry a toothbrush in the cab. you can pop the filter out and comb the evaporator to get the dirt/junk out without pulling the top.  you will have to pull the top to remove the dirt and debris from drip tray and drain hoses or to clean any material that may also be blocking the heater core.  blockage can cause it to to prematurely freeze up.

Edited by CAL(KS) - 08 Jun 2016 at 7:43am
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic