This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traction booster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traction booster
    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:47pm
Im trying to figure out the traction booster system on a CA, and I cant find any info on it, how do I use it? 

also I think we might put a 3pt on it,  should I get a cat1 or cat2?
Sponsored Links

Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 1:44pm
Cat 1 should be sufficient for a CA
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:32pm
1 will hold a ca. that will also give you more equipment choices to use with it. also be lighter on the azz end when raised.
as far as them traction booster things----THEY SUCK!!  got them on wd's and wd-45 and none of them work----you are better off locking them out so they dont mess with you when you are trying to plow!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 8:19pm
The Traction Booster system when adjusted correctly, and used properly, worked just fine on thousands of AC tractors.  Sorry to hear you're sour on them, because they actually do work. If the front end is too light, there needs to be weight added. That isn't the fault of the Traction Booster. The front end has to be heavy enough to allow the TBoost system to do its thing.

Edited by DrAllis - 18 Oct 2020 at 8:20pm
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 9:36pm
Had to remove a washer or two to stiffen the big spring under the 45 pulling 4-16's in 2nd. TB would lift it out with lever all the way down. Worked GOOD as Dr says.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 8:01am
Originally posted by ac fleet ac fleet wrote:

as far as them traction booster things----THEY SUCK!!  got them on wd's and wd-45 and none of them work----you are better off locking them out so they dont mess with you when you are trying to plow!

Wow! Not my experience at all. The traction booster on my 45's works so good I can hardly believe it! I do have four stack weights on my 'plow' tractor.

I hope to get a 2-14 plow on my CA someday. Assume you set the TB similar to a WD/45. Set plow down and raise lever back up a little until the gauge shows it working. You can feel it it no or non working gauge.
Zinan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 8:16am

i think its a case of them having to be adjusted perfectly to work good
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm

I agree with Mike.  If the linkage is adjusted correctly you can set it even if the gauge doesn't work, you can feel it.  I have the front wheel weights, but I sure wish I had the stack weights.  It's a great system.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 5:43pm

I agree Traction booster is a piss poor idea at best. I HATE using two levers to get full range out of the arms.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Gatz in NE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatz in NE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 5:47pm
for the CA, this might help

WD/WD45 are different

Edited by Gatz in NE - 19 Oct 2020 at 5:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic