This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay Tyrrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Pressure Gauge?
    Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 6:17am
There is a line hanging down (HD6G) from the Fuel Pressure guage on the dash.
Where is this suppost to be connected to?
Does this messure fuel pressure before the injector pump?
Is it supposed to tell you when to change filters?
Sponsored Links

Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 11:41am
The gauge was just to show you have supply pressure to injection pump. The line came off secondary filter. You will see the spare port. Filters must be changed regularly. I do mine at 200 hour mark with engine oil. Regular fuel filter changes must be done to keep your injection pump in good order.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 3:59pm
Mac, Coke or Merv:   Who or what company manufactured the injectors for the HD6.  I don't have my machine home yet, so cant really tell. I know the parts book does not specify.   If I had to guess I would say American Bosch since my pump is American Bosch.  

Any help appreciated.  Orangeman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic