This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunmaster Belly Mower.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunmaster Belly Mower.
    Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 3:28pm
I have a Sunmaster belly mower on my B. The modal # appears to be 3-360T with the serial # looking to be 61977-050-3715-3. The tag is in bad shape. I have it oiled and greased up. However the darn thing keeps throwing the deck belt (goes around the 3 blade spindles). I've tried it tight and tried it lose.
Any advice? Like does it need to be supper tight or do in need to make a keeper pulley/bolt?
1949 "C" vin #c71215, 1939 "B" Wide front, WD45 nf, WD45 wf, 1941 "C" work in progress. Wd wide front
Sponsored Links

Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 4:11pm
Cosborn -

Are you using the old round belt or the new style double V belt? Or a regular V belt?

I had the same problem on my C with my 60" SunMastr, the old round one finally gave up the ghost so I bought a new double V Gates. It kept throwing it off, sometimes right away, sometimes it would take a few minutes of mowing. I kept putting it back on, tightening it a little more, over and over, until a light came on, I backed off the adjustment until the belt seemed like it was too loose. Haven't touched it since, works like a charm. I guess since it is a big belt and has a lot of surface contact, you don't need to run it too tight.
It has been a really good deck, I have many many hours mowing the "rough" outside my yard - thick and thin, tall and short grass, with the odd branch and rock thrown in. About4-5 acres. Plus I raise it up all the way and mow the tops off the grass in the pasture as our sheep won't eat the woody heads. Bought new blades last year and it mows as well as my $6000 zero turn.
cheers,
Creek
cosborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 8:38am
IT is a double V. Ill have to loosen it more on my next day off.
1949 "C" vin #c71215, 1939 "B" Wide front, WD45 nf, WD45 wf, 1941 "C" work in progress. Wd wide front
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 2:39pm
could be your pulleys are worn too
cosborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 9:23pm
How do I tell?
1939Dodge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1939Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:35pm
Any pictures of the deck? My label is damaged, may be a Sunmastr. Photos of your deck and label may help me identify it. Thanks!
steigerbro24 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steigerbro24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 2:30pm
Take a look at the spindles and check for  too much play. I have a belly mower that kept throwing the belt if I went above half throttle even though I tried tighter springs. One of the spindles had busted a bearing and that gave it way to much side to side play so that may be your problem. Also pics would be nice.
5 Steigers, 7 John Deeres, 8 Internationals, 4 Case tractors and combines and 1 Oliver
........... Oh wait they're all 1/64.......and a real '44 B
cosborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 9:17pm
Ill get pics tomorrow.
1939Dodge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1939Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 5:05am
Thank you!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 8:30am
Here is my C with the Sunmastr deck. Belt guard removed, front wheels are not Sunmastr, I added them later.
Creek
cosborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 1:32pm
Thanks for posting that pic Creek! Showed me that my crose bar was on wrong. Explains way the pto drive belt was a pain.
Here are the pics on mine.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 2:02pm
Keep the spindle bearings grease - mine has a "weep" hole on the side opposite the zerk, I grease them until the ugly stuff stops coming out. If you can find a zerk on the center pulley setup let me know - I can't find one and it seems like that bearing would have a lot of side pull on it. You can still get parts from Artsway in Iowa if you need them. Spendy though. Blades I bought from a mower parts outfit - they are a little hard to find as they have two off center holes, no hole in the center of the blade. I've put a lot of hours on mine, it works pretty dang good.
cheers,
Creek
joel19 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joel19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 10:34am
I have a c with sunmaster mower that is missing belts looking for part numbers for belts. I think the deck belt is r 50900 118 double b. The main drive belt a cant tell if it is a v belt or double. Anyone have numbers of these belts model of deck is  b 360 ec
drewman1977 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewman1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:10am
I have that exact deck on my 1943 Allis Chalmers B model.  Does anybody know where I can get the pulley's for this?  
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 6:31pm
Do you have the belt routed correctly, and are all the spindles/idlers free turning?
1939Dodge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1939Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:45am
I have a rusty old SunMastr deck behind the garage. Free to anyone coming to central Pa. Who can use it.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewman1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:16am
My belt is routed correctly but my idler pulley separated.  Tractor has been out of commission for almost 2 years because of it.  If PA wasn't so far away I would absolutely get it from you.  I'm in central TX.  
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewman1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:20am
If you would cut the idler pulleys off the deck with a torch I would buy them from you if you shipped them. I could send you a check, paypal, etc.  You tell me how much you want for your time and labor.  I am desperate.  Do you have any pictures???? 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewman1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:23am
The third picture above is the same deck I have.  The closest pulley in that picture that somebody posted is the same idler pulley that separated on mine.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:40am
I don't know what your idler pulley is like, but idler pulleys in general are rather easy to find.

This sunbird is back home in Michigan.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
mintenfarmer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mintenfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:32am
Check surplus center for idler pulleys agco wanted $120 for a pulley I got there for $17
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm
Creek  That is on NICE LOOKING C!!  Love those decals.
You know, sometime ago I was asked what I thought the nicest looking tractor Allis Chalmers made was.  I said the C.  I think the lines are really neat.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic