This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16b pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16b pictures
    Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 6:51pm
Ac Mel,call me at 2529162927 I have more pictures of my 16b and hd11ep.I took them with my tablet that the wife gave me and are of much better quality
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:26pm
OK guys, Talked to hd16b Doug, got lots and lots of pictures to post from him but don't think we can use all of them right now. So I'll start with the HD16B (we like it) photo IMG_20140117_102824_zps121c8091.jpg
 photo IMG_20140117_102814_zps263b1c78.jpg
 photo IMG_20140117_102749_zpsc8d12aed.jpg
Ok, so we still like the brush rake attachment. Might work good on one of our 11Bs for fire fighting.  So I hope Doug will chime in and explain these pictures of gauges on the screens, could be permanent test modes? or what (we just leave them floppin around on the floor) photo IMG_20140117_102956_zpsda463bfb.jpg
The tachometer could be useful too? photo IMG_20140117_103017_zps15212f71.jpg
 photo IMG_20140117_102845_zps6fd095b1.jpg
So stay tuned because we have pictures of his fathers HD11EP LGP crawler  (yes that's what I said, LGP )
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:34pm
That is nice looking... some body went to lot of work to make it look good. WQW!
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:36pm
thanks acmel for posting the pictures. the 16b,serial number 19s14072 is a 1975 model which happens to be the year I was born and ironcily I bought it in 2008 very soon after my little girl was born. As for the gauges I just decided to leave them up there after I went through the transmission and they work real good at only a glance I can monitor clucth apply,converter/lube,and modulating clutch pressures. also on the reverse speeds I have a rotating light that comes on, hence the senders and wires.
hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:47pm
The tachometer is something that I thought would be nice to have on a dozer. It was not easy figuring out the drive because the accessory drive is 1.5 crank speed and turns ccw which is backwards for most tachs but I finally got it.Iam glad I put it on because I soon found out the previous owner had turned the rpms way up and I have heard a lot of crank failures in some of these engines.                          
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 1:32am
Great pics boys, shes a credit to you Doug. Your lucky to have a tidy, late tractor like that for a 'young fella'.
I got a HD6ep from the very first year of production that was made when I was drinking mums'home brew' so her and me are almost the same age; but neither of us are anywhere near as tidy as yours !
Thanks for sharing; cheers from the bottom of the world
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
GeneD14 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 7:48pm
Awesome looking machine!

I would love to use that around my place. Just beautiful!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 8:14pm
"It was not easy figuring out the drive because the accessory drive is 1.5 crank speed and turns ccw which is backwards for most tachs but I finally got it.Iam glad I put it on because I soon found out the previous owner had turned the rpms way up " Doug, did you make sure the tach is figured out correctly? Like actually check the true engine speed to what your 'Doug rigged' tach says?... Not trying to pick on you but I have reread your comment above several times and I keep thinking fellows turn up the smoke screw, but few turn up the rev screws. (except pullers, and we won't talk about that..LOL) Your a pusher here. LOL
  I do say better to be safe than sorry  as in not bre~eaking your crank.
Do like your thinking...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 6:24am
Jc, yes I checked the rpms with my photo tach and to my surprise it was dead on,somethings I do get right the first time around. The reason someone turned the rpms up was to simply go faster in each gear,remember with a converter machine as load increases speed decreases. Also I still have I think all of the part numbers if someone else wants to put one on their 16b or 21,it is a nice option to have.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:48am
Here are pictures of hd16b's HD11 EP LGP dozer. Doug says they have trouble changing the hydraulic filter in the front because the tracks are so long. photo IMG_20140117_104045_zpsd11c0673.jpg
 photo IMG_20140117_104056_zpsa3f9121a.jpg
It's a 44 link track assembly with the longer swing frame? photo IMG_20140117_104123_zps1c74e8ee.jpg
 photo IMG_20140117_104133_zps7e75e6cd.jpg
Doug, ok fill us in here. Who done this? how wide are these pads? Do you know any history of where it was used?
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 12:08pm
I've seen a couple of series B tractors set up that way- 44 link track was a factory option.
hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 6:29pm
OK let's see,hd11ep serial number 13204,68model,my father bought it in about 1977 when everyone was and could clear land. It came off a big farm sale. The farmer had about 25 caterpillars and this one ac.I think that my father wanted to maybe buy one of the cats,but he said they looked totally wore out and still bought 20 to25k. The hd11 was the last machine sold and he ending up paying 11000 for it. As for the long uc, I believe it was an option because it is in the parts book calling it the special 44 link chain.besides that they cut and widened the c frame and added an exemption for the truion. When he bought it it had 36 inch pads and replaced them with30 ,which is what it has now. I have seen many like this around here.

hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 6:38pm
We really don't use it anymore since we have the 16b,the only reason we don't sell is for the winch as it will pull the 16b out. If we ever sell it I will sell a parts machine with it.this machine is why I bought the 16 as being this has been a very good tractor having cleared many acres for us and others. Boy I wishac was still making these machines

td25c View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td25c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 7:12pm
Great job on the 16-B    I really like the decals & Allis Chalmers logo. I was going to ask what year it was but I noticed in an earlier post it's a 1975. My 16-B is a 1974 model so they are pretty close in age. Yeah... It's a dang shame a fella cant run down to the Allis dealer to pick up new parts today. To be honest it's my favorite dozer to operate .
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 8:21pm
HD16B

What's with the track plate gap in the front LHS in the second last HD11 photo?
hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 6:41pm
Some of the pad bolt just won't stay tight
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 4:48am
If it is due to wear oversizing the bolt holes you can try this - it is still working on some plates on our FA 10 that had that problem.

Line the plate up on the chain with copper tube in the bolt holes (thicker is better if you can manage it).  Then you can build up the worn holes with weld and the copper keeps the metal more or less where you want it.  Then turn the plates over (leave the copper in) and do the other side.  It will need a bit of finishing off with a grinder and the holes might need a bit of a cleanup too.

My 2c worth
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 2:46pm
sounds like a very useful tip Ian. I`ll try to find some suitably sized tube scrappers have not plundered and give it a go
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 3:17pm
Mac,

The idea came from when a bloke told me that they used to build up used post hole digger cutters on a block of copper.
hd16b View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hd16b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 8:26pm
You can use brass also. I use my brass punches often doing the same kind of thing
Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 8:39pm
I have a couple pieces of brass/bronze/copper that are in rough shape from doing exactly this. A couple are actually shaped for a specific, continual repair on our chisel plow. T-shaped so that I can hold it in from the bottom of a hole and weld from the top to restore the hole.

It works great.

Andrew
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 10:11pm
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 10:48pm
Ok,Saw Doug's post, thought I could beat him to the punch. I remember helping him post pictures of the 11EP and the 16B so this would be pictures of the 11 EP (I hope) Wish it was 3500 miles closer cause I'd like to study up on the 44 link thing myself (and probably ad it to the collection)  I think there's a picture of the brush rake somewhere too. (I'm on it)
R.KYLE View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.KYLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 10:01am
I HAVE AN 11F SERIAL#5474 IT ALSO HAS 8 ROLLERS WITH 201N PADS. THE CROSS BEAM IS SOLID ON BOTH SIDES OF TRACTOR. I BELEAVE IN PAST LIFE IT WAS A PIPE LAYER. ANY IDEAS WEATHER I SHOULD LOOSEN OR LEAVE AS IS.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 10:32pm
My brother had a 72 HD11B.We had both run D6C 76A&10K for local contractor.The AC with two spd pwr/shft would out work the Cats.Sold mid 80's. Wouldn't mind having one around again.(don't really have a use for it but,Hey!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic