This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A-C 180... Major Problem. Coolant in Oil. HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:47pm
I came across this thread while doing a Google search. I realize that this is almost 5 years old, but I would love to hear the "rest of the story" on your 180.
What did you find out about the engine? What repairs did you ultimately end up doing? Was it worse or not as bad as you thought?
Thanks for any update.
Sponsored Links

NICKMI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 8:16am
His last visit to forum was 2014
BigBadAllis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
Probably due to check in any day Wink

Tastes the oil to check for antifreeze gets me.  Maybe he's sick from doing this too often.

Anyone who wants oil analysis, I'll run it for the Allis guys at my cost for consumables (instrument materials).  $12.00 to any forum members.  Engine oil gets fuel dilution/TAN/TBN + the normal wear metals, additives, contaminates and viscosity at 40°/100° + index

Hyd/Trans oil will get particle count but no TBN

Jason Apex Oil Lab (616) 328-6672

I'm a long time Allis guy.  Not trying to get free advertisement.
FLOrange View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 7:22pm
I guess I should have checked that. I thought maybe he'd get an e-mail about the new message and respond. But if he's like me, he probably gets too many e-mails to keep track of. 
nsula_country View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsula_country Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 5:00pm
I'm still here! Antifreeze hasn't got me yet!

I have done nothing to the 180... Haven't even cranked it in about a year, but plan to charge batteries soon and move it. It is on the bucket list and may get done this fall/winter.

Since last updates, we built a 40x60 shop with a 30x60 lean all concrete. So at least I have somewhere to store and work on equipment.

Also in 2014 (same time I fell off the forum) we purchased a LS P7010C tractor. 72 hp, 4x4, cab... Farmall 504 and Allis 180 have went back burner.

CT
2014 LS P7010C, 1962 Farmall 504 Diesel (1st tractor) w/ 2008 Koyker 220 FEL, 1968 Allis Chalmers 180 Diesel, Komatsu PC38UU-2 Excavator, Various attachments for all!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 8:52pm
what's an LS P7010C tractor?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:52pm
Shameless you do know how to google don't you?  I know, the answer is "why when I got you?".

Standard Specs

IVECO 4 cyl Engine, 72 Gross Engine HP, Cab w/ Heat and A/C, Ag Tires Rear: 16.9x30 Front 11.2x24, 26.42 Gallons of Fuel Capacity, Transmission: F20/R20 (Creeper) Shuttle Shift, Independent PTO (540/750/1000rpm), Automatic Lift Arm, CAT 2 Three point Hitch, 3 pairs of Double Acting Hydraulic Remotes (6 outlets), 7-Pin rear Electrical Socket, Teloscopic Lower Links, Weight 6675lbs without loader

Now I feel like I did my good deed for the day.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
nsula_country View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsula_country Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 5:06pm
LS is a South Korean tractor company that is established in the US. They used to build a lot of the New Holland and Case IH tractors until they started US distribution.

I can say that standard features, power and loader capacities beat green, red, blue and orange tractors in the same class for less. Have close to 500 hours on it. 0 problems. It is quiet and comfortable.

This review is mine. Last 3 pictures are of the actual machine.

Tractor Data Specs

I needed a dependable tractor now. So we bought it. As time permits, I will repair the Farmall 504 and Allis 180.

Thank you for reviving the thread. I promise when I dig into the issue, I will update this thread!

CT

Edited by nsula_country - 07 Sep 2018 at 5:09pm
2014 LS P7010C, 1962 Farmall 504 Diesel (1st tractor) w/ 2008 Koyker 220 FEL, 1968 Allis Chalmers 180 Diesel, Komatsu PC38UU-2 Excavator, Various attachments for all!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic