This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buda/AC Injector Pintles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buda/AC Injector Pintles
    Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 4:05pm
Guys: American Bosch injectors were used in many AC applications.  If American Bosch ceased to exist in 1984 - was there a company that took over the American Bosch injector line? 

I am looking for HD6G injector pintles or an appropriate replacement for same.  

Any comments appreciated - thanks all!  Orangeman
Sponsored Links

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 6:19am
Orangeman,

They became AMBAC - see e.g. http://www.ambac.net/

I'll be interested to see if you can get Allis ones.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 5:41am
Ian: Thanks for the link - will call them to check out what they have.  Orangeman
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:47am
Orangeman,

I got into this from taking on getting an Allis "Forty Five" grader (the supercharged Lanova head version) going.  We got 8 useable injectors from our collection. 

I've heard from a local Allis man (HD 11) that he got these from Germany, which would just about have to be the German Bosch organisation.

Can ask if you'd be interested
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 8:20pm
Hello Ian: Sure would appreciate you looking into that.  Wondering if older Mercedes might provide an avenue as the Mercedes line used Bosch Injectors.

Thank-you for the follow up.   Orangeman
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:12pm
 Maybe I could help am still have some injectors AKB 75 S  2643A for HD6
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:31am
Gemdozer - Sent you a PM. 
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 4:12am
Orangeman,

The bloke who got HD 11 nozzles from Germany phoned last night.  He's going to get me the paper trail, and I'll post it when I get it.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:28am
Hi Ian:  Thank-you for looking into that lead.  I decided to make up my own injector puller from my scrap parts depot in my back yard.  Going to a hydraulic supply shop to pick up a 22mm adapter then I can fab the puller to work.   Spent last two days cleaning all the grub, grease, sand, and clay from under the machine.  In the process of replacing many of the grade 8 fastners that have been damaged and stressed over time. 

Progress is going good though, very solid machine for a 1958.  Hope to concentrate on the engine free up this late summer, chores around the house are competing against my free time to work on the shovel.  

Hope all is well....Orangeman
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 4:49pm
Oramgeman

From memory it is 22x1.5mm and threads nicely in a piece of 3/4 inch water pipe.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 9:08pm
Ian: I stopped by my local hydraulic house today, the fit for the American Bosch injectors are 22 mm x 1.5.   I order two fittings and will be welded them together to make the puller.  

Will post the details in the future and will try to secure a cross reference as well so as to help others out who want to pull and inspect their injectors.  

Later - Orangeman
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 4:20am
Orangeman

Somehow we need a better cross referencing system on things like this.

Somewhere I've posted in a reply the info you needed here. 

And how to make an "Allis Official Injector Line Nut Wrench (spanner to me) out of a long impact socket.

And I can't remember where!  Maybe I need an "I've posted" file
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 6:06am
Good Day Ian:  4th of July here so celebrating our Independence.  You are absolutely correct, I started along the path of your original suggestions to make an Injector puller that could be attached to a slide hammer.  Problem is with the engine not operational the loader cylinders are not operational.  The loader cylinder boom is parked directly in front of the line of  travel where a slide hammer would be placed so decided to make a little different puller as follows:

1. Secured a piece of square stock tubing - cut that in half to make two small C - Channels.  Using the C Channels as legs I spanned the cross section width of the Injector. I cut down two hardened steel mower blades to secure both C channels and welded them in place top and bottom.  Next I welded a butt plate on the end closest to the user of the tool and pilot drilled a hole in the center to accept 1" B7 threaded rod.  

The threaded rod is welded to the two 22 x 1.5mm fine threaded nuts which attach directly onto the threads of the injector after removal of the Injector Cap.  

The B7 Rod pass through the 1" hole and is terminated by two large nuts and a large washer on the end.  The washer and nuts butt against the end plate.  As one turns the nuts with two wrenches in opposing direction,  the force created is transferred to the injector pintle thus slowly removing it from the bore. 

The  whole tool is approximately 8-10" in length which will allow one to work within the confined space that exist between the engine and the loader boom.  

Guess I could have opened the hydraulic circuit and raised the loader and blocked it up in place then I could have used a slide hammer.  I just wanted to take a little different approach from an engineering standpoint.  The idea came from your prior post combined with this You tube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrcm4iWuNng
Homemade Injector Tool Dodge Cummins. 

At this point in troubleshooting the engine, I feel safer working on the machine with the loader boom in the down position. Once I have the injectors out, I am going to fill the bores of the cylinder with a mixture of Acetone and ATF and let it set.  After it has had a good soaking I will see if I can roll the engine over.  Will report back on progress.

In close, appreciate all the good suggestions! Orangeman

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:28am
Orangeman

Point taken.  And might be technically better than a slide hammer.

I had plenty of space around as the engine(s) were out.  And that's the case with a 45 grader too when the engine is in, as the service manual tells you.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 7:15am
Ian - Any word on the Allis contact in Germany on the Bosch Injectors?
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:56pm
Orangeman,

I haven't heard anything as yet - might have to give him a reminder.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 2:51am
Orangeman,

I'm trying a different alley.  We'll see what happens there.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 5:02pm
Orangeman,

Illini (about 2001 catalogue) lists nozzles as 4050594 (around page 51 in the applications list) at 2850psi.  Not sure how this would go with a used pump.

No other feedback yet.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 3:55pm
Bumping this up for Darrell in ND.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:04pm
Good info. Just can't believe that a road grader of this vintage has something metric on it! Hope to get to it soon. Thanks, Darrel
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 2:42am
Darrel,

I'll punt that American Bosch wasn't that far from the original
raptuous View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raptuous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
I just read this post and I'm in the same boat, looking for injectors for a 6G crawler.  Is the injector info posted above for the Buda direct inject heads or the earlier ones with the precombustion chamber?  
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 5:46am
I should have some used injectors for 6g
raptuous View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raptuous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 11:48am
E-mail sent.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:47pm
Very nice site, even has Allis engines listings.

I am suspecting our illustrious military equipment uses or used AMBAC systems, the later multi fuels did.

Edited by DMiller - 19 Mar 2017 at 1:48pm
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 3:15pm
For the record - those leads of mine went nowhere
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic