This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8030 two problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8030 two problems
    Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:12am
Need some help please, we have two problems with our 8030 first the alternator barring was squealing so I got a reman from AGCO put it on and it wouldn’t charge thought it to be defective so got another one same result. How do you get these one wire alternators to work is there a trick?? FYI the old one worked fine. Problem two engine sounds like it is missing always between 1500 and 1800 rpms but randomly example turning on the ends is the worst it has a flutter to it you can even see it in the exhaust puffing smoke, give it throttle and it stops run it pto speed no problem. We have had it to the dealer and they have checked everything they can think of fuel line suction side and pressure side, timing, fuel filter not sure what else. They thought they had it fixed but still randomly does it, very aggravating the pump was rebuilt in 08. If I put it under more load with the breaks it stops. If I give it more throttle it stops. It sounds like a fluttering really shows up planting corn it will be fine going down the row and then it just starts doing it. Any suggestion on either issue would be great. Thanks in advance; rieg swoh
rieg
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:54am
the fluttering was a problem with governor sensitivity on model 100 pumps on AC tractors. There has been some changes to the calibration/assembly specs, as well as some on engine tricks to help. Take rectangular cover off top of governor housing(4 - 1/4" bolts/7/16 socket). on the governor rod there is a 7/16 wrench size hex nut pushing against a coil spring, you can tighten the spring up, increasing the drag on the control rod. May be enough to cure it, may not. Good luck! Ed.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
StewartMD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StewartMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 12:45pm
Ed, Our 8010 has been doing the same thing.  The guy that rebuilt the inj. pump has looked at it 3 times.  Always gets running great but then 6-8 months later it is fluttering again.  When tightning this hex nut how much.....Should I go a half turn at a time and see if it makes a difference?  I also believe I read somewhere to put some of the weaker grade locktite on it to keep it from moving.  Does this sound right?  THanks.
8030, 8010, 220, 185, 160, D-17, WD, Unstyled WC, CA, G, 20-35, Gleaner E
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 12:50pm
yes, Dr Allis recommends using wicking loctite (290?) to help keep the nut from moving. There is a different set of specs to shim the springs to. I wonder if they used the latest version? All you can do is try a half turn at a time. You can run it with the cover off.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
rieg View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 1:29pm
You guys are great I will give this a try. I believe my manual has something about adjusting the governor. Any thoughts on the alternator. I can plant for about three hours and then head for the barn for a fast charge not getting enough done. Thanks so much for the adjustment idea. rieg..
rieg
StewartMD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StewartMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 6:58am
Thanks Ed, and Thanks rieg for bringing up this post.  I have been wanting to ask the question.  I will be adjusting ours tomorrow.
8030, 8010, 220, 185, 160, D-17, WD, Unstyled WC, CA, G, 20-35, Gleaner E
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic