This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT PD pressure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT PD pressure
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 8:13pm
Been here before about my troubles. I have about 150 on low side and 120 on the high side, i have shimmed the releif valve and pressures dont change. Ran it on a flow meter today according to how the AC book says. My steering pressure was at 1200psi with just over 4.25gpm. with flow at zero the pressure was at 1400. We shimmed the power steering by pass valve to get it up to 1600. We then checked the PD pressures with the flow meter at the TEE fitting. In low it had just under 200 on the flow meter, and in high it was about 130. I had a guage on the high side of the valve as well, it read about the same.  I rebuilt my PD before all of this. Any Ideas on where the leak could be, just wondering if anyone has ran into this before.

Thanks, Carl.
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:05pm
Did u replace the 3 steel rings that fit into the housing that bolts to the tranny housing? They are very imoportant, also that housing cant have the slightest of groove fluid will leak by
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:22pm
Yes, all new sealing rings and that housing is new..
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
Linkage is worn and not moveing valve all the way. Replace the bushing in torqure housing, cross shaft, and outer bearing. Check the 2 pins from cross shaft to valve. MACK
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:17pm
I've pulled and pushed the valve by hand, pressures don't change.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:39am
When you rebuilt the PD, did you replace the 3 piston ring seals where the clutch slides into the housing? Did that housing have groves worn into it? Does it slip or why are you conserned about pressure?    MACK
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:52am
Yes. New housing and new rings. And new rings in the pistons. Pressure is suppose to be 250-270. Im 100 psi low and it will not come up with shims. Steering system tested great with flow meter. Says most of this in the above posts.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 9:56pm
If it has the tapered stem for a relief valve, I have saw them get worn and groved from dirt going through them that they will not seat.   MACK
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:59pm
I was wondering that. Because at about the widest part of the taper its scored and sratched. Try a new one?

Edited by Carl(NWWI) - 24 Apr 2012 at 11:03pm
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:27am
I would the seat will be the same way. MACK
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:44pm
Yeah, the seat is in rough shape. New valve assemblies are not available from AGCO, someone else offer them? Or is there another way to fix them?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:52pm
Oughta be a bunch in the junkyards
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:28pm
Yeah, junk yards would have them, but if someone made new ones id rather put one of them one if the price is right.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 10:18pm
There are 2 different relief valves. I would find a valve with the other style relief valve.  MACK
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 10:43pm
I have two. I have an early one without test ports, bushing for plunger is completely shot, so I put on a later one with test ports. Which style is better?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic