This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early B serial numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdfifteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early B serial numbers
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:41am
Does anyone know where the serial number is located on early (Waukesha engine) Allis-Chalmers Bs? I looked at one the other day and could not find a serial number in the usual location. In fact I crawled all over it and couldn't find any number that looked like a serial number. Does anyone here have one of these tractors?
Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:44am
Brass plate, not by the transmission shifter, I think on the final drive, but my memory is failing me.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Nathan View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:31pm

You just tell me where that tractor is at in ohio and i will be glad to tell what serial number it is.LOL  thanks nathan

35WC 37WC D-10 D-12 D-14 D-15 D-17series 1 (2)D-17IV D-19 CA RC Unstyled WF GLEANER E 416H 314H 712H 716H
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:01pm
I think it's on the torque tube.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:51pm
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:04pm
Right where the battery would sit on a newer one. If there is no plate there should be rivet holes where it was or it's not a Waukesha. What are signs that lead you to believe it's not an ordinary B?
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 6 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
wdfifteen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdfifteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:40am
So, the plate is missing on this one. 
It's definitely not an ordinary B. It has a Waukesha engine for one thing. The castings for the torque tube, transmission, and final drives are more crude than on a later B. The flanges where the final drives bolt to the transmission are thinner (and cracked around the bolt holes). There is no pad cast into the top of the transmission for the serial number. The shifter is held in place by a plate bolted to the top of the transmission. There are no gear position numbers cast into the transmission - those are the only differences I can think of off the top of my head.
wdfifteen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdfifteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:41am
Thanks to everybody who replied!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic