This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

645B & 940 Wheel Loaders, Scrap?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 645B & 940 Wheel Loaders, Scrap?
    Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:06am
Do you think these loaders are worth parting out or are just scrap weight. The 301 and 426? motors are in boxes, and I dont know any history. Also can some one tell me how would you identify these loaders besides there #, ie how many yard machines are they. I was thinking of scraping them and keeping the bucket to sell. I dont own them yet, just trying to make a decision.

35WC on steel, B with belly mower, D17 puller, D15 Series II puller, D15 Series II with loader, 608 Lawn Tractor
Sponsored Links

BrianC,Ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:50am
Also does anybody know what these loaders would weigh.
35WC on steel, B with belly mower, D17 puller, D15 Series II puller, D15 Series II with loader, 608 Lawn Tractor
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 11:35am
I ran a 645B for a bit back in the 80's and was a good machine , a friend had it on lease purchase and ended up left it go back as he could not make the last 2 payments .Used for both loading and digging a couple basements.
 if I had known about that I would have bought it in a minute.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 6:39pm
Does the engine out of the big loader have an inline injection pump?
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 6:40pm
Standard loose material bucket on 645 is 3 yard, but many had extentions welded on as the machines are capable of a much bigger lift than 3 yards of aggregate (would outlift and outreach all other loaders of its class at the time). Could snatch the jinker trailer off the the back of a logging truck, lift it completely clear of the truck stantions, reverse straight out, and have the jinker coupled up before a Caterpillar 950 could even get it off the truck. The Cat didnt have the reach to clear the truck stantions. You had to wriggle the jinker out of them.  I will look up a spec sheet and come back with machine weight. Dont know anything about 940.    Mac
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:42pm
If you junk them would you see if the 426 has the tach drive parts in the block? I'm trying to find them for a D21 and those should work.
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:51pm

Only the early 426 engines had the gear in the center of the cam for the tach drive and oil pump. This loader will be a late model.

Edited by Calvin Schmidt - 14 Sep 2011 at 7:52pm
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:53pm
Calvin; There was a big crate with engine parts in it, plus the stuff lying on the barn floor. The pump that I have the pictures of is a rotary pump. There are two manifolds and turbos laying there, so I was only assuming the newer loader might have a 426. I offerd 200 for the Allis motor parts and that 220 cummins diesel. She thinks that someone will want the motors to go with the loaders.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:57pm
I know the 645 is newer than the 940, but what size are these machines. Is there a tractordata for construction equip.
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

Only the early 426 engines had the gear in the center of the cam for the tach drive and oil pump. This loader will be a late model.

No one has been able to help me find what I need....its the piece under where the tach cable attaches to the engine on a D21 Series 1.....any help? Its for a fellow AC lover that doesnt have or use computers.
Central PA Allis Express
1934 WC254
1945 WF
1945 WC135755
1951 WD68085
1953 WD45-150217
1957 WD45D-230744D
B110
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 8:02pm
Benny; If I get them I will let you know. I might buy the loaders and take them to the scrap yard. My buddy has a yard that I can take them to and maybe part them out. Does anyone think I could sell stuff like the cab windows, bucket, cylinders, etc.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:19pm
If they were closer AND .. the 645 B is a nice machine and if only the engine is bad would make a great machine to have , a 3 yd machine and big enough to do serious work but small enough to move easily. For sonow work or dirt, they work good. One scrap yard that was around here had 2 of them with forks they used in yard.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 12:12am
Seems like a shame to scrap either machine out if the transmission is good in each machine.  My 545 weighs about 16,000, making it worth around $2,500 as scrap, worth a lot more as a working machine or even as a parts machine.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:57am
John; I have no where to do any repairs to them, and dont know if the trans is good or not. If I knew a little more history on them then I might sell them whole. I am more interested in the engines than anything. Would like to put the 301 in a D17 and the 426 in a pulling truck.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:47pm
I was down tonight to pick up one of the McCormick Deering tractors that i bought, and the women still wont give me an answer on the 301 or the 426 engines out of the loaders.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic