This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Municipal water…………

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Municipal water…………
    Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:24pm
Anybody know the correct terminology municipalities use for water that does not supply a structure, and of course would not have ‘sewerage’? I have been racking my brain trying to remember the correct terminology.
Years ago, it was a flat fee per year, depending on the size of the ‘tap’ ie; 1”, 1.5” 2” 2.5” and so up the line, all had a flat fee.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:04pm
Didnt know there was a specific name for that. We have a Rural Coop Water supply -- feeds the house and has a 3/4 inch meter.. Pay by the gallon... No sewer -- everyone has a septic tank.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:24pm
Here is called Potable(Human Consumption) and Non Potable, as for Fire suppression or industrial application wash/rinse water.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 5:20pm
If I recall years ago, you get a ‘tap’ for non human consumption usage, ie; lawn/garden irrigation, water for construction site usage(spreading on gravel then roll it in) etc. In Wisconsin it was relatively cheap back then, maybe $100.00 per tap per calendar year.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 4:57pm
Don't know if that is the answer you are looking for or not?  But that is what I am thinking, potable and non-potable.....
In La Crosse, WI now, we get charged for EVERY drop of water and it doesn't matter if you drink, flush or put it on your grass.  AND along with that we get a sewer charge too.  USED to be included in our taxes, but now it's a fee. Angry
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 6:22pm
The catch is the "non potable" water for your house comes thru the same  header as the "potable" water to the guy next door.... 99% of Municipal water is OK to drink.... So i think they have cut back on the  "construction use" lable.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 8:20pm
Here in the city we live in, the city water is sold per 1,000 gal. increments, with a minimum charge of 1,000 per mo. Of course there is a corresponding sewer charge per 1,000 gal.
Someone that uses 1,999 gallons pays the same as someone that uses 1,001 gallons.
Someone uses 2,999 pays the same as a 2,001 gal customer.
And so on, up the line.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 8:48pm
Wifey wants to expand the garden, also considering what the cost would be to capture rain water from house, 3 vehicle carport, and shed roof. No eves on the carport or shed, house has eves on portions.
A couple used 2,000 gal poly tanks, and a 1.5”-2” water pump, couple screens, a 100’ or so of 1.5” pvc, and a big handful of fittings, I could plumb into my lawn irrigation system
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 9:52pm
1.5 - 2.0 inch pipe and pump is pretty good size.. unless you have a BIG garden... Most house supply is 3/4 to 1 inch and you can get 20 GPM out of that..
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 10:50pm
My lawn irrigation system is plumbed with 1.5” pvc. One zone has 3 Rain Bird Maxi rotors(that I have found so far), another zone has 15 sprinklers, and the 3rd zone has 2 maxi rotors(so far), but this is the zone that encompassed the front yard of the neighboring parcel.
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 1:45am
 terms are; 
 Potable, human consumption, and go into sanitary sewers. 
 Non-Potable, lawn/garden watering, outside domestic animals, outside water usages, normally not going into municipal sanitary sewers. Most utilities provided us with separate meter and far reduced cost per gallon. 

Edited by KJCHRIS - 01 May 2024 at 2:01am
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic