This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dear A-C forum,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dear A-C forum,
    Posted: 19 May 2018 at 8:50am
I have a problem that I need the experts help. I farm a 40 acre field on shares at the corner of 2 drinking roads. ( Thats roads that are not very well maintained,no one lives on, only traveled by Jeeps, 4 wheelers, ATVs, UTVs, no cops) hope you get the picture. Anyway, my landlord wants me to mow the road ditches at least twice a year, which I do, but here’s the problem. After I mow, I’m left with a lot of empty beer cans that I pick up. Am I required to share the proceeds from the money from the cans with my landlord, keep it all , or something else? Last year I picked up about 4 trash bags full. Looking for ideas. What would Shameless do?
Sponsored Links

dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:00am
If you value your time you will find that the income from the cans doesn't come close to minimum wage.  I would consider that little income a bonus.  You are saving the landlord from having to pay someone to clean it up.     
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:01am
What would he do? Are you sure he’s not the one coming up and throwing them out?
If I’m cleaning them up I’m either keeping the money or donating it to a good cause, or keeping a kitty for future tire repairs!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:00am
Like Joe says, tire and mower repairs from trash encountered.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:20am
Have Shamless come and get finger prints off the cans and search the data base for the owners LOL
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:48am
hmm.. sounds like the wner is too lazy to recover the cans, so they're yours. Also 'ditches'... is it county property or does the land owner have to maintain them ? If county, then the countie's too lazt, so the cans are yours...
The BIG question is will the landowner pay for damages to your equipment caused by hitting something hidden in them ditches? If not, charge MORE. No different than hitting a 3/8 busted off bolt in a log someone asked you to mill into slabs !!! arrrrrrgh.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 1:14pm
yep....you keep the $$$, you worked for it! just be glad they is cans and not bottles! I pick up the cans along our highway here as we also mow the road ditch in front of our place. when I gits all my 300 gallon tanks full of them, I haul them in.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:59am
Hay put a couple 55 gal barrles out there marked trash - cans only - might be them drinkers would put their cans in there and you won't need to pick them up 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:09am
If anyone claims the proceeds from the sale tell them the bill for trash clean up is just a little more then what you got for the cans. But being the good environmentally friendly gut you are you will call it even.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:27am
You've GOT to be kidding Coke!  Lazy Azz, drunken kids?  If anything, they'll come by the next day and empty the cans into their trunks and turn em in.

YOUR money!  We've got groups around here that go out and pick up ALL the trash.  They get to keep the monies from ALL the salvageable stuff.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 12:30pm
I don't pick up the empties usually on the right of way.

?Seems like a few times thru the mower and they disappear.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:44pm
You didn't create the mess.Are you required to pickup the trash as part of the rental agreement? You don't make enough off it to pay for doing it.. Those road ditches belong to the township not the land owner even if you farm to the bottom of the ditch.Owner should be glad you "clean up".It is just about looks and don't sound like anybody important ever sees it.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:41am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

Those road ditches belong to the township not the land owner even if you farm to the bottom of the ditch.

Tell the people at the courthouse that, cause everybody around here pays property tax on everything to the middle of the road. If you own the land on the other side, you pay property tax on all of it. Angry

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

[QUOTE=SteveM C/IL] Those road ditches belong to the township not the land owner even if you farm to the bottom of the ditch.

Tell the people at the courthouse that, cause everybody around here pays property tax on everything to the middle of the road. If you own the land on the other side, you pay property tax on all of it. Angry

[/QUOT
True on the property tax...twp has "right of way"
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:16pm
 Hmmmm. This is a tough one. I think you should get give the money to your county court house. After all, the county has the right of way from fence line to fence line. 

No, wait. I got it! Take the money and buy a 1963 split window Corvette and take your lady on a cross country drive.

Power Ball Tickets!!!
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:21pm
Yes, to the center of the road, BUT,,,,,,, here THEY have an easement out 23' from the centerline.  Talk about a bunch of rabbit dodo.... at least I don't have to plow it for them in the winter.  BUT, I DO have to cut the grass back away from the road.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:40pm
Start charging the drinkers one beer for every beer they drink there for you not ratting them out, otherwise it's first their parents then the law. Do it right and you'll have them picking up their own cans before long. It's places like that you can sometimes get some video that's worth a lot of money to the actors.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic