This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barn find!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barn find!!!!
    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:10pm
I was talking to a friend the other day if he said that his brother-in-law’s renting a house in the way in back of the barn he found what he thought was a D15...!!! It has ended up being a D 15 series 2 narrow front with power steering !!!! I went over and took a look at it the engine is Free there’s no rust except for the Rims of course tires are newer. The guy never sells anything and the guy renting the house said won’t happen. So I met with the gentleman and talk to him for quite some time told him that I had saved my neighbors 57 wide front WD 45 from the scrapyard and rebuild it. He seemed to really appreciate that and we agreed-upon $800! He said under the circumstances that I do not sell to make money and after I fix it up he gets to come rake hay... no brainer Also told me the power director was just rebuilt a couple years before they stopped using it it has not moved in 20 years. I really need to figure out how to post pictures so I can document it.
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:23pm
You know don't you, that you can go to jail for a long time for Grand Theft Tractor....
WOW, WHAT A DEAL!!!  If I were you, I'd agree to letting him plow, disk, rake, bale, ANYTHING he wants for that price!!!
SHEESH!!!  You keep a straight face while you did this to him?
YES, you need to figure out how to post pics!!!  WE WANT EM!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:27pm
Well it’s the first time I did not let my emotions of want rather than need to get in the way and I just simply said all the things I’m gonna have to do to it in order to make it how I want it .. If he was cool with it he said he would rather see me fix it up and than rot in the barn... Are the narrow front Series2 not common because I don’t see a whole Lotta pictures of them? Can you post pictures from your phone or does it have to be a computer?
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:38pm
I have put pictures here straight from my phone, I jus have trouble getting them small enough,, sooo,, I go with the computer....not sure I remember how I done it either
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
Well I tried to just download a picture from my phone that I took real quick. We’ll see if it downloads
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:27pm
Posting pictures is easy.

Resize your picture to 800x600, then click on the picture of the tree in the upper row of the message window.

Select "BROWSE", then follow it to your picture, click   UPLOAD, then OKAY.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Orange Glow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:30pm
One thing I’ve found, is if the pictures are too big, I can take a screenshot (by pushing the home and power button on my iPhone at the same time) and it will work. I’ve done that for two forums and if I need to text a picture. I’m sure there’s other ways to make a picture smaller, but that works for me.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:48pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:05pm
Welcome to forum and concretes on the find. Sounds like a neat deal
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:18pm
Thanks I’ll post more pics as I get out of barn and clean up!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:26am
NICE!! Thumbs UpThumbs Up
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:43am
I’ll be selling the loader on it appears to be straight with no welds I don’t need a third one if you guys know anyone that might be interested.
drobCA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drobCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:53am
actually... sounds like win/win to me.
tractor was doing him no good in the barn, and now he gets $800 and later he gets to play on a tractor that someone else invested time and money on.
3 Ford 8N's I loan to neighbors, but the '52CA, '41B and little B1 I do not.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:05am
Great deal and it'll be good having the guy around that owned the tractor for years to
tell you about it.Maybe he has some old pictures of it too?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:13am
Yes he does he can’t remember where fits him or his dad in either 64 65 cultivating a field . The tractor only ever cultivated planted fields or cleaned up pig crap.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:28am
Sell the loader for $500. Then what do you have invested? Wow!!! Good for you!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:56am
Well I don’t know ....I’ve got a 170 trip bucket loader off my D 17 Series 4 and I can’t give the thing away.. :(
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:59am
Trying to sell it as well because I have another series 4 with the loader that they bought and barely used so even though it’s not AC it’s the better of them.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:33pm
Them pie weights are worth $4-500/set, around here...  Yep, you stole it!Wink
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:45pm
Yep, you stole it! Wish you were closer I would be coming to get the loader to put on my D15. Is the loader trip bucket or full hydraulic?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:49pm
Well how far are you... it’s trip bucket but I see no welds. If you’re not too far I’ll make you a good deal.
The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:13pm
Excellent job! You're quite the Hornswoggler, JK! In all seriousness, I'm happy for you and the agreement!
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:35pm
To hear it run after all those years is keeping me up at night!! But he needs to get those stupid sprayers out-of-the-way oh well I’ll be patient.
The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:37pm
I know the feeling. I finalized the deal on my B last July, late in the month. I wasn't able to pick it up until the first week of September that summer. I was a very long August.
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:39pm
That would be a nightmare ....haha
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:17pm
Congratulations, Jk. We'll all be looking for pictures once you are able to liberate it from that barn!!

Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:23pm
Better keep that loader for awhile till the original owner stops coming over... or it might leave a sour taste in somebody's mouth ... specially when you get half out of the loader what you paid for the tractor.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 5:53am
I asked him what he thought he agreed it would get in the way if needed sharp hay turn in field lol so yeah I’ll prob just take loader if leave frame on.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:23pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:26pm
Update!! So Here’s the tractor seeing daylight for the first time he said between 15 and 20 years!! Took the starter off went through it clean the points new battery cleaned carb and used a little gas tank as d15 has real old gas in it lol anyways got her to life and everything works!! I’m not gonna sleep tonight...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic