This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1965 Allis Chalmer FDX40-24 (Ready for Service)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 Allis Chalmer FDX40-24 (Ready for Service)
    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:34pm
Hey guys and gals,

After 4 months of work, my old forklift is finished and working great.  Rather than attach more photo's and a video to my old thread I thought I would just make a new post.  Here she is.:

[TUBE]SG0AxpV7mhA&t=178s[/TUBE]

Sponsored Links

A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:38pm
Oops that video link is bad so I'll try this one:
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 9:36pm
that is super good looking! nice job!
A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

that is super good looking! nice job!

Thank you, I restored it to do this job and many more for the shop.:) and future projects.

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:56pm
Very nice restoration job!! Those are very good forklifts... I've had two myself.
I'll be very interested in watching your Detroit going into your truck... will be watching for your future postings!
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:03am
Thanks, Allis is running better and better as more time is put on her. I'll be starting work this coming week on the Detroit repower project, so very excited to finally get going on that.  
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:31am
I have to say, that is absolutely one of the most adorable things I have seen in some time. Great job on the resto, a real eye catcher. I sure like to see older things made new, now if I could figure out a way of doing that to meSmile,    Tad
A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:22pm
Thanks Tad, you and me both.:) I had it out again today at a neighbours shop and helped him lift his engines out of his shop and into the dumpster.  It sure turns heads that's for sure.  I'm appreciating it more and more, so very happy I ended up going the extra effort to do it up nice.  Cheers Harling 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:59pm
when you do Tad....lemme know too!
A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:22am
Quick update on the old girl.  Now have 15 hours on Allis and is used pretty much every day, so coming in very handy indeed.  Here's some pictures and a vide if anyone's interested.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5yMQmxMadA&t=1s

Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:11am
Once you start using it you will wonder how you got along without it, it's better than an extra pair of hands.

Shameless, if I ever figure it out, I will let you know.     Tad
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:52pm
I've had a number of different forklifts but none was as perfect all around as the size 40 Allis. I was so amazed at getting away with running it on gravel and dirt surfaces and seldom spinning out.
What size Detroit are putting in your Ford truck? Would be so fun to see that when completed. I live in Clearwater BC so I'm not so far away in the event that you are willing to show it some time... no pressure, you could always send a PM.
Thanks for sharing what you're doing,
Eric

PS. I'm so proud of you Shameless for following this thread even though there's a Ford truck here :) Maybe the Detroit going in is what makes the difference Clap
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:53pm
Very true Tad :) .  Eric, I'm putting a 4-53T in the Ford.  Did a fit test today and happy I only need to cut the oil pan some and maybe the cross member as well.  It's going to be a fun project and I hope a lot of fun to drive.:)  I'll be putting some test loops on it after it's finished to shake is down some, so Clearwater could be in the plans.:)  I'll definately let you know if I do.:)  Harling
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:55pm
 [TUBE]q5yMQmxMadA[/TUBE]
A310 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 6:05pm
Thanks Dave.:) I'll have to get that video attachments figured out.
Cheers

Harling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic