This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers WD, WC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniels wc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers WD, WC
    Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm
I am going to restore either my WD or WC.I had always figured that when I restore them some time soon. I would piant all my tin orange and all bolts on the tin work silver or blast them down to origin. Then put a clear coat on them. I want take them as close to original and always figured that silver bolts would be original. Reason being I don't think they would go back and piant them all. So I wanted to know what was closest to original? Thank you

Edited by Daniels wc - 21 Jan 2018 at 9:37pm
Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:26pm
Being as that's all one sentence, I'm a little confused as to what you are asking. If you're asking what was original, yes, they did go back and repaint the machines. Paint the pieces, assemble, then paint again to cover any unpainted pieces/fasteners. There's a good video on YouTube showing that, and I've noticed it to a great extent on my All-Crop Super 100. 
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:25am
All the hood bolts were painted as the tractor went thru the paint booth. I used chrome hood bolts when I did my tractors. Most any hardware store has them. Original looking?? Nope, but the chrome looks very nice.
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:38am
closest to original. I have seen a lot of them that never had any paint on the underside of the hood, inside of the part that light, air filter, gas tank are mounted to. Also no paint inside the grill. What they did paint, our new WD45, half the fan belt was painted and the bolt holes in the final drives. The dealer used paint remover to clean the holes to put on the mounting brackets for the number 3 mower.
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:48am
I have stainless steel hardware on all my sheet metal.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:04am

WD-45 got a final coat of orange after it was completely assembled ( less tire and wheels )

Watch this original video. Painting at 1:26

Gary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYH3q9nJ-fc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic