This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Craiglist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craiglist
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 11:50am
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 12:37pm
?????

Glean"o"r

Says L4 in the ad, but L3 on the machine.

$1?

What am I missing.  Seems you can't go wrong for that price!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:15pm
The $1. is misleading. IM sure he wants a good price.. the $1. is just a way of getting dozens of people to call and ask.. Dishonest in my opinion.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

The $1. is misleading. IM sure he wants a good price.. the $1. is just a way of getting dozens of people to call and ask.. Dishonest in my opinion.

Ya think?!LOL

steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm
Wouldn't it have a rectangle fuel tank if from Mexico??
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Dave974 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:46pm
I saw that listing too.  From the photos and serial number tag, it looks more like an '86 L3.  Not sure where 'L4' came from. Confused

It also appears to be a small grain machine based on the grain bin decal and feederhouse belt setup.  Pretty rare to see something other than a corn/soybean special in these parts.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:50pm
I bet it's somebody selling a machine for somebody and they don't have a clue about it. That or a scam
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Dave974 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 5:19pm
Both very good possibilities.  If I were a bettin' man, my money would be on "scam" but who knows.  

BTW, great signature THENDRIX...lots of truth to that
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:57pm
Ad doesn't look fake to me.  Most of the fakes only post 1 pic, and sometimes its squashed, or has a text this number, in the picture. I don't like the dollar price thing, either.  Sounds like he wants YOU to make the offer.  Or he's just lazy, and don't know what to ask. Might be a clue that he's an A-hole, but I don't think he's a scammer, JMHO, I don't know squat, about the area...Wink
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 8:20am
I would have trouble believing anything detailed about the machine from a guy who can't spell something he owns.  Ain't like O and E are right next to each other!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 8:21am
And that's not a grammar police thing.....you're making an ad for crying out loud, look at what you're posting.
ACman formally 220 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACman formally 220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 1:05pm
Phone number is listed to a Jeff Cunningham Kendallville Indiana, he is listed on the Noble county fair list. Maybe it's a new carnival ride voting machine combination invented by the low life democrats to help register the votes of the cotton pickers who died back before Lincoln was president.

Edited by ACman formally 220 - 19 Jan 2018 at 1:29pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:05pm
That s/n tag clearly says 1986. He doesn't say what the engine is or the HP rating. If it truly is an L-4 (which I doubt) it would NOT have a 426 AC engine in it.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:12pm
It's legit. I texted him, he is out of his mind on the price 18,000 for just the machine. It's a 32 year old L3 with several hours on it. Take the one off then he would be closer.   Just my opinion IG
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:36pm
So the $1 is just to waste a bunch of peoples time Unhappy
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:35am
I'd call him and tell him I'd take it for the advertised price of $1 to waste his time.  If I had time!Wink
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:55am
We could all send him text's and ask if the $1 includes delivery!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
littlemarv View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:12pm
Around here lots of people put $1 in the price. See it all the time.
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by littlemarv littlemarv wrote:

Around here lots of people put $1 in the price. See it all the time.
Yep.  And a lot of people waste a lot of people's time!WinkLOL
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 12:23pm
Yeah, clearly he wants someone to make an offer.  I'd be on board with the "I accept your offer of sale at $1."....which sounds like a law school essay question.  That would possibly create a legal obligation to sell at that price, but it would cost more than the machine to enforce it.

Edited by HoughMade - 22 Jan 2018 at 12:24pm
1951 B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic