This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very low hours Original 1956 WD45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very low hours Original 1956 WD45
    Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 11:34pm
Hello guys we are going to be selling out of our collection one of the nicest original wd45's I have seen. It has all original orange paint and decals. The only part painted might be the silver rear rims. Before I purchased the tractor it had the fluid removed and I wonder if they were painted at that time. It even has the original goodyear tires. Runs and operates very nice. We will be selling on the Upcoming Mecum auction in Davenport iowa. If anyone has any questions or would want to see the tractor please let me know! I just wanted to share. Thank you much!

Andy
402-640-4518

Edited by AndrewGubbels - 14 Dec 2017 at 11:36pm
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Sponsored Links

Allis Wd45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Wd45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 1:21am
Good Looking Tractor I think that's awsome that its all original.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 5:22am
Wow, that’s rare to have an original paint tractor that nice at 70 plus years old. I am sure it will bring some good money for you at auction. Very nice
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:50am
If I were you I would for sure put a reserve on it. I've watched lots of Mecum auctions and WD's and 45's never seem to sell very good. Good Luck and hope it sells high!!!
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:57am
No question on the rear rim repaint but I am NOT not picking it, what a NICE tractor!! be interesting to hear what it brings at Mecum. Since we got the satellite I have been watching  the sales and have been amazed both ways expensive and cheap.
Tim (Cent.WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim (Cent.WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:11am
Excellent example of an original WD45, my favorite tractor! They are only original once, glad to see someone kept it that way.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:15am
Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpHeart
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:15am
somebody should put a bug in Mr Kinzebaughs ear
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:28am
Sure looks like a fine example of a nice WD45!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 12:27pm
That would be a great tractor to take pictures of and measure all decal locations.
SOme of the small decals too, like near the key switch or transport valve. Amazing tractor.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:53pm
Unbelievably nice. I don't think I could part with it if it was mine. Good luck selling it, I wish it was selling closer to me.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:57pm
Now that’s a tractor i would drive from Va to Nebraska to get. Going to be way out of my price range thou, darn she is absolutely beautiful. I really hate to see you sell it.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
JVON View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JVON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

That would be a great tractor to take pictures of and measure all decal locations.
SOme of the small decals too, like near the key switch or transport valve. Amazing tractor.

That’s a great idea! For being an original, you can’t get any closer than that! Would be worth posting in the knowledge base.
WestAllisWD45 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestAllisWD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:10am
Anything orange seems to go bad at Mecum.  They drool and get all giddy and fuzzy for anything green. 
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 8:12am
Thats the nicest one I've ever seen!!!  Love nice originals better than restored.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
brkfldj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkfldj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 8:22am
The pictures and data to the knowledge base is a good idea. I'm downloading the link to a folder that I keep of valuable to me, threads.
I hope the tractor sells well and to one of our forum members.
Jim
Brian Ahart View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Ahart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:05am
Very nice Andy.  Count me in as a member of the "excellent original" fan club.  It's nice to see the increase in collector awareness for originals.  They can only be original once, and as the posts above point out, are ideal references for restorers (decal locations, component colors, etc).  Best of luck with your sale.
A-C Weight ID reference and other goodies at brianahart.net
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:55pm
Anything can happen at a Mecum or anyone else's auction. It takes TWO bidders. In the last year there was a 1937 original WC that brought $15 grand ?? and an FWA 220 that brought over $80,000.......I'd say orange tractors sell OK.  I've seen plenty of Deere's that sold pretty cheap as well as pretty high.
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 8:34pm
Fully agree with all that has been said above.  What a Beautiful unit.  Looks like the ones we unloaded from the railroad flatcars, except - in our area - we sold narrow fronts. 
Good Luck!
Bill Long

ps:  Since FIOS discontinued the RFD channel in our area could someone tell me the price?

Edited by Bill Long - 16 Dec 2017 at 8:37pm
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by JVON JVON wrote:

Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

That’s a great idea! For being an original, you can’t get any closer than that! Would be worth posting in the knowledge base.
x3! Would you do that for us, Andy?
I'd really like to have that...would be a perfect match with my all-original Super 100!

Edited by CrestonM - 16 Dec 2017 at 10:05pm
AndrewGubbels View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:13pm
I agree with Dr allis auctions can be a good place to make it a fair battle in a sense. I would say good tractors sell good and average tractors or more common sell about where they are at. Thank you for all the comments guys. Yeah any photos or decal locations you guys want just let me know!

Thanks again guys!
Andy
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
34 Airflow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 34 Airflow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Wow that is a great looking tractor, when's the auction, I need to make room in my shed and bank account!
1937 Model A, 1937 Model U, 1929 United, 1945 Model C, 1949 WF, 1948 WC, 1956 D272 and a Roto Baler
http://www.australianallischalmersregistry.com/
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 7:09pm
I missed my chance, ran across a one owner 45 this spring, tried to negotiate and lost it, kicked myself ever since. Yours   looks great.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 8:14pm

They got it listed they have some more photos to add but it's up anyway! Thanks for all the comments guys. If you have any questions please let me know!

Andy

https://www.mecum.com/lots/GA0418-322699/1956-allis-chalmers-wd45/
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 8:23am
I just clicked the link to the nexus auction and it shows it has the propane block in it; did this Tractor ever have the dual fuel lpg system on it?

Edited by Michael Crowe - 20 Dec 2017 at 8:23am
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Michael Crowe Michael Crowe wrote:

I just clicked the link to the nexus auction and it shows it has the propane block in it; did this Tractor ever have the dual fuel lpg system on it?
I noticed that too. 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
No it hasn't to my knowledge. I wonder if it dis when new possibly? The only person I am able to ask is the daughter of the original owner. She said she didn't know. It was always gas as far as she knew. My dad was curious of this if they could be order as a high altitude option for more compression this way does anyone know this at all? Thank you much!

Andy Gubbels
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 1:54pm
If you look very close you can almost see were the front 4 bolts are on the front block as if when the tractor was new it may have had a tank mounted. Kinda unique! I wish the original owner was still around to ask!

Andy
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:41pm
It might just what you said about it being ordered with the high altitude option.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewGubbels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 4:18pm
I talked with the daughter of the original owner and it was always gas when they purchased it. Kind of interesting!

Andy
Andrew Gubbels
Gubbels Restoration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic