This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R62 grinding up corn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R62 grinding up corn
    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:57am
Looking for some advice, Last year I ran 4 mph with a 6 row head and had some rotor loss, this year If I go over 2mph it grinds the cob and the corn . I had in 2 reverse bars took them out and no change . I am wondering if I need new helical bars or what been anywhere from 280 to 400 on the rotor speed and 300 is the best but is still terrible. Concave been from 5 to 12 and not much change I have tried everything I can think of but it is like the rotor won't kick the material out it just wants to grind it up.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 2:21am
how wet is the corn? slow the threshing cyl down. maybe open the concaves a bit. ground speed is also a consideration as to the conditions. you can adjust any combine perfect, but if you go to fast or to slow on the ground speed, all those adjustments won't do you any good. field & crop conditions can change a lot in an hour, in a field! is there a high/low on your threshing cyl gear box?
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:56am
Corn is about 22% I have taken corn at 35% and done a good job yes the gearbox has a shift low gear in corn . I have run Gleaners all my life but something just is not right and seems to be getting worse by the day.
d21_man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d21_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:05am
Try calling Wayne at Till-Harvest in Wabash Indiana 260-563-3070. He might have some insight. He is probably the best I have ever ran across for Allis and Gleaners.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:33am
If the processor has 1500 hrs on it, the helical bars are shot. With a flashlite look at the helical bar height on the front side of the cage immediately to the left of the rear feed chain opening. That is where the helical wear will be the greatest. Now, look elsewhere thru the cage for comparison. 3/8" tall is new spec.  Two reverse bars need to be left on the rotor on the discharge end.  You don't say what model year the machine is, but prior to 1996 I always pulled every other wire out of the rear half of the main concave and also the separator grate to eliminate cob plugging of them. Plugged grates promote rotor loss and grain damage !!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
The machine is a 99 R62 and I will have a look at the helical bars in that spot Thanks Dr
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:25am
You likely know this, but slowing the rotor down will increase your cob breakage on a Gleaner. I would guess Dr has hit the nail on the head to your problem.  I did have one variety some years ago i could never stop the  cob breakage, just quit planting t , lol!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:01am
I looked at all the helical bar and there is some wear but I would say they average about 75% of new for wear , as I have been looking for the problem it appears that the damage is being done in the separator side of the rotor the rasp bars are gummed up there and in the threshing side they are nice and shinny.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic