This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC D14 W/LOADER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUBYD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC D14 W/LOADER
    Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:11pm
I Have an issue with rims breaking. I cant find a HD Wheel for my front that can handle the weight of a full bucket. Any Ideas lug pattern 5 on 5 16" rim my tires are 7.50/r16.
I cant get a image to upload.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:01pm
are you turning the wheels standing still ? friend's D-14 blew BOTH rims off from NOT moving while turning... do it standing still with a load and man that's a LOT of stress so someting has to give. If you have power steering ,it's easy to forget  about that 'mimor' detail. If you can find HD rims(they are made....) have a machine shop  make some 'disks' from 1/8" plate, holes to match studs and center then weld onto rim.Ideally  on both inside and outside of rim. HAS to be welded to the 'ring' of the rim NOT the original disk.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
LaJaMe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaJaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:51pm
We have a loader on a d17 that was breaking out the bolt holes.  We had the wheels turned out for more width.  Turned the wheels back in and have had no problems since.  We use it to load 1000lb round bales.
RUBYD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUBYD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 9:43pm
thanks for the info. I have not been turning without moving. I have power steering but the pump is out so you cant even if you wanted to. I did just lay new creases for my future peach orchard and going in reverse getting into the next row was tough on the arms but the bucket was empty. The original rim that was on the tractor when i bought it blew out on me. I purchased a new replacement from steiner online and it last 3 days of using the tractor. (blew out when I was moving a pile of dirt. full buckets of dirt and rock.) The loader is a ford loader that a previous owner installed. From teh picture I have seen it is twice the size of a AC loader. Is it possible to run a truck rim as a affordable replacement. will the lug bolt holes be the same. I want HD function this tractor is used not looked at.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:22am
need to find a wfe, from a I-60 or I-600.  I think the wfe from such will bolt right up.  Also, I think old Buick rims have the right bolt circle, IIRR...
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:55am

From what you are trying to do - using another brand loader that is twice the size of an Allis Loader, and moving bucket fulls of dirt and rock - you are lucky just a wheel broke and not an axle spindle.

Get stronger rims and an axle WILL be next.

Sounds like you need a Track Loader, and not a Farm Tractor.

Gary
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:48am
I think the only full width bucket they put on a D14 was for moving snow.  I agree with above,  you are going to end up with a pile of scrap metal if you keep pushing a 60 year old tractor that hard.  What you need is a D17 for what you are expecting from the 14, and probably a Series 4 as well.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:13am

John

The 414 and 415 model loaders with the hydraulic bucket has a 60" bucket.

But you get a bucket full of topsoil and you definitely have a lot of weight.

I know, I did a lot of it this summer with my D-15 II.

Gary
RUBYD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUBYD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 12:53pm
can you say that again but define wfe i-60n and i-600 means
what an IRRR is too 

RUBYD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUBYD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:17pm
I wish I could upload a photo of this any suggestions

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:53pm
wfe = Wide Front End
IIRR + If I Recall Rightly
I-60 = Industrial D-14/15, a beefer version, stronger frontend

'Milton' here has a 72" bucket( 1/2 yard), lifts 1,000# pumpkins up OK but I wouldn't 'haul' full load of heavy dirt or gravel with it....unless on flat ground. Bumpy land = shocks = busted parts = $$$$$$$$$$ !!!!

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by RUBYD14 RUBYD14 wrote:

I wish I could upload a photo of this any suggestions

Go to the Forum Help section on this site and there is a discussion thread on posting pictures. Charlie Tucker has posted some good instructions on posting a picture directly to this site. HTH
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:32pm
This may help, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Link to ebay 'Allis Manual for a Model I-60

Note the Heavy Duty front axle.

Gary

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Original-1960-Allis-Chalmers-I-60-Industrial-Tractor-Operators-Manual/252853607410?hash=item3adf3fdbf2:g:2MQAAOSwpP9Y5DU6
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:22pm
IMO, get a smaller bucket, or don't fill it up all the way. Tearing up rims is a good sign you are over-working the entire steering mechanism.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

This may help, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Link to ebay 'Allis Manual for a Model I-60

Note the Heavy Duty front axle.

Gary

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Original-1960-Allis-Chalmers-I-60-Industrial-Tractor-Operators-Manual/252853607410?hash=item3adf3fdbf2:g:2MQAAOSwpP9Y5DU6

I'm pretty sure the I-60/600 has hydrostatic steering, you would also need the pump, tank, steering column....basically the whole front of the tractor less the engine....heck, might as well get an I-60/600...it will probably have the reverser, too!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

IMO, get a smaller bucket, or don't fill it up all the way. Tearing up rims is a good sign you are over-working the entire steering mechanism.

Exactly!  If the loader is twice as big as it should be, only put half as much stuff in it.  The loader must be sized to the tractor.  Not whatever someone had laying around.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
RUBYD14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUBYD14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 11:35am
I feel like something else is going on with the front as only the left rim is breaking the right one is still good. I have broke 2 on left side.
Thank you all for the helpful information I will hopefully get a picture up today.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 12:01pm
I'd check for bad/loose tierod end, wheel bearings, spindle bearings.
Raise and securely block front of tractor off ground and do the 'wiggle' test on both sides. Compare left(bad) versus right(good). If anything is loose, it should be obvious.

Jay

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic