This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD16DC arrives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD16DC arrives
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:26pm
I just got my 16’n home! Now it’s just need a lot of attention. I’m sure it’s gonna be a nice workhorse soon!

Sponsored Links

dustydoo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 5:24am
Very nice ! Congrats !!!  What is it needing?
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:00am
Congratulations. Now the fun and spending begins.
Morten.have View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:45am
I have done the wash and cabin clan, brake adjust and new front lights

What I need to do.

The exhaust manifold is broken on cylinder no5.

Cabin heater and wiper dissent run

New seat.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:48am
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:53am
beauty and a beast Thumbs Up
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 8:59am
nice work.  Stay out of the trees with those lights or they will be removed without permission.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 4:38pm
Still a very nice specimen. Congrats.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm
Awww, I miss the original 3 light set up on the nose. Looked retro.

Nice unit and enjoy her.
bryani289swmi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryani289swmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
That excavator in the background looks familiar!! Nice HD16 too!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:27am
Its one of the Best excavator ever made 💪🏼 Cat 215B LC
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 1:31am
Jerry you can buy it if you want!

It’s a lot rusty and no off the lights isn’t fixable. But I have carefully disassembled the hole unit, so I can try to rescue it...

I put on the led’s because I need lights now :)
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 6:51am
Today’s work is the harness rework and cabin heater. And first of almost 2 new air suspended and heater seats 👍🏻 That’s a great upgrade! I was able to but in the seats with out drilling/welding ind the machine so I can keep it original 👍🏻

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:01am
Send me a private message with your information and cost and I will let you know.

Thank you Morten
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:02am
Great job on the seats. Those rock! No pun intended.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:24pm
Very nice old dozer.  Good luck with getting her going again.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 9:55pm
What did the seats come out of?  Sure look like an improvement!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:19am
that is a nice looking old dozer for as old as it is! and you are just making it better! oh....and that was one heck of a trailer you hauled it on to! whew!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

What did the seats come out of?  Sure look like an improvement!

The seat are from 2 Cat D9T I had to off these laying around 👍🏻
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 2:32pm
Whoa,,,, the quality of your "laying around stuff" is superior to anything I have laying around Morten! hahahaha.

I took my cushions off to have my wife do a make over and in the mean time I am using a milk crate or two with a hunk of rubber foam on them.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:46pm
I have just added some more light on the tractor. I have mounted them on the blade lifting cylinders so I don’t see them from the operator station. Now I’m able to see the cutting edge off the blade again 👍🏻

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:08pm
now the yellerjackets sure can find ya!!!Wink
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:02am
Pretty sweet Morten. Do you plan to do a lot of night work Morten?

If ya do it appears you have the lights for it.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morten.have Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 2:59am
Yes i have a lot of Night work i have a soil dumping hole, so I need to work with this old gal 2-5 hours every evening.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:24am
That would be great. When mine is finished I will be looking for work to do with her or should say inventing work for her to do.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 2:24pm
Considering where you live, the days are pretty short this time of the year, those long summer days are nice though. 

I'd never seen a picture of a trailer like the one used to haul the crawler, are ones like that common in Europe?  Also, what brand truck tractor is hooked to the trailer, looks sharp, we don't have many big cabover tractors here in NA.

Edited by JohnCO - 25 Nov 2017 at 2:28pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:01pm
Looks to be a SCANIA Cab unit. Won't see them in the states.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:37pm
Cab overs still big in Europe. Lots of nice Mercedes trucks.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:32am
Narrow tight corner roads and streets will require that.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 7:09am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Narrow tight corner roads and streets will require that.

Agreed. Being a former CDLA A
Inter state semi driver I loved the CO I drove. A Ford CL9000. Loved my truck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic