This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are these wheels correct? I plan to buy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Ken in Texas Ken in Texas wrote:

One more bit of B trivia.   The closeup  pic of the engine block Casting # shows the ending number to be -11.  A BE block for sure cast in 1939.  Look for the BE engine serial number stamped into a small flat spot at the back of the block.   No place to bolt a Genny brecket to the block either.
      Spent its whole life as a hand cranked B.   Most all 40 Bs had electric start'

Steve
            Wife and I agree to sell all my B/C non assembled  Tractor parts including 2 running engines at current scrap price at whatever it is when it leaves the farm . Bring a big trailer

Kenny,
The money is not the issue.  I wish you were closer my friend.  I was hoping you'd chime in on the wheels. 
Steve
1940 B "Lucy"
1941 B w/ Woods L59 "Flavia"
1942 B w/ finish mower "Dick"
1941 C w/ 3-point "Maggie"
1947 C SFW w/ L306 "Trixie"
1972 314H
Sponsored Links

Wdtractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 9:08pm
I wish I lived closer to where you live you seam to have all the good deals on the b/c stuff. Man it astounds me that you find one after another like you do. I know where 2 C's and one b with in a hr of my house and you wouldn't have enough to put togather one runner out of all there of them lol. Of corse I know that I would find more if I travel but bc of young kids and work I just not able to travel much after stuff. That and I kinda a home body.
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:01am
WDtractorman,
I try not to travel to get them.  I HATE driving in the car.  I mean REALLY hate it!  I keep my eyes glued to CL everyday and go when I see one close.  I'm a homebody too.  I see a ton of Bs and Cs up your way on CL.  I wish I was closer to your region. 

1940 B "Lucy"
1972 314H
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:31pm
I don't know, for a couple hundred bucks, I see quite a few parts on that Tractor that are worth saving and reselling after a cleanup. You could probably use the block or use the rear wheels to barter for an engine. There's possibilities there to me, and some parts you throw away like the manifold for one.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

I don't know, for a couple hundred bucks, I see quite a few parts on that Tractor that are worth saving and reselling after a cleanup. You could probably use the block or use the rear wheels to barter for an engine. There's possibilities there to me, and some parts you throw away like the manifold for one.
Steve@B&B
x2! Big smile
Wdtractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Hubnut Hubnut wrote:

WDtractorman,
I try not to travel to get them.  I HATE driving in the car.  I mean REALLY hate it!  I keep my eyes glued to CL everyday and go when I see one close.  I'm a homebody too.  I see a ton of Bs and Cs up your way on CL.  I wish I was closer to your region. 

lol I'm right there with you I wouldn't drive anywhere if I could help it lol. I'm in the bowing green ky area on cregslist there not much on here. What is here is high imo. I really get my best deals just out in the area looking around. I'm known for fooling with old junk and people tell me about there Neighbors and stuff having things they want to get rid of. I was handling several tractors a year B4 junk went up and cleaned out the country around here. But never was much allis stuff and hardly any b/c stuff that I really like, iv keep everything b/c related here iv came up with. Grand total of three rear ends, part of a b cultvator, and two belly mowers. There a ton of h farmall and 8n fords around here though. My b came from AJ
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 12:12am
I need to  make a list and post some pictures of all the B/C stuff I have stashed in my barn and out behind the barn.  Lots of good stuff FOR SALE CHEAP that I will never use.

Since I seem to have the Cancer that was killing me under control for  now.  My project of restoring my 52 Willys 4x4 pickup keeps me happy and busy with sandblasting, priming and painting.  In a day or two I will have the rolling chassis completely restored.  Picked a dark gray metallic finish enamel for the frame and running gear.  Got to love that dark gray better than  black.

This Willys was my first TRUCK. I'm the second owner. Bought it used in 1968 for $800.   It was Green when new.   I am going back with a late model JEEP Metallic Red
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:58am
Ken, I can't wait to see it!!
I agree, that green wasn't the best color they came up with.
I've got a bad grinding noise in my left rear on my C, but I can't get to it until next spring/summer.  So I'll be looking for parts then and I'll be in touch my friend!
It is SO GOOD to see you on here again and I'm still praying that there is nothing but good news coming from you.  God Bless.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Hubnut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:08am
Kenny,
Glad to see you're enjoying the jeep.  Sounds like a neat project.  As I've said repeatedly, I wish you were closer and I'd snag all your inventory.  I hope you continue to receive good news about your health.  My best to you.
Steve
1940 B "Lucy"
1972 314H
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic