This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

900 hyd lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 900 hyd lift
    Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 10:17pm
Hi all. How hard is it to take the hyd lift out out of a simplicity and put it in a 914. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 10:47pm
My other idea to nephews 914 with him being able to lift plow is to take hyd lift out of a simplicity and put it in his. How hard of job you think that is. Thanks
ac720nut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac720nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:07am
My 916 has hyd lift and I'ld think be a matter of just changing parts
TOMIA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOMIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:22am
There is another option and that is to install an electric lift.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 7:07am
Yea I had thought of electric lift. My 912s has that. I don't have any laying around. Have the hyd lift on a parts tractor. Unless someone had one for good price
JCSinPITTS,PA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSinPITTS,PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
u need to ask this at SIMPLETRACTORS as I think the hydraulic ports on the trans are different when u have hdy lift installed
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 7:18pm
Oh I didn't think of that part of it. I'm not a member over there
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:31pm
I picked up an electric lift earlier this year at www.progressiveautomations.com and I'm very happy with it. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
ShaunE View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaunE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Mikez Mikez wrote:

Oh I didn't think of that part of it. I'm not a member over there

If the Hydro filters are in the same physical location on both tractors, the transfer of components is fairly easy if you have the time.  Charge pump shims may need to be switched from hydro unit to hydro unit as I believe the units with hydraulic lift had a higher pressure.  Best advise is to sign up at simple tractors & post there as many have done this conversion.
I do have a complete electric lift.  If you are interested, PM me.  But personally, I'd rather have the hydraulic lift.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:06pm
Ok have to check that out and think about that as well. Thank you.
In your opinion what would be the best, or easiest way to go. Put the rear sleeve hitch on with cable in in a way that it counter weights the blade on front, or hyd lift, or electric lift. Thanks
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:37pm

Adding a 'counter balance weight' on at the rear would definitely be the easiest.

You keep adding additional weight until the blade and rear weight are practically balanced.

That also prevents a lot of wear on the edger bar at the bottom of the blade.

Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic