This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

611 LTD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 611 LTD
    Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 9:27pm
Hope this isn't a silly question, however hoping someone on here has done this before.  I have an Allis-Chalmers model 611 LTD and one front tire has a slow leak ( it goes down in about 2 days).  Has anyone on here ever changed a front tire?  I'm assuming it needs to be replaced.  How does one replace one of these tires?  Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm

Pretty simple job, could just be a valve stem or you could also put a tube in the tire. Air it up and spray some soapy water around the tire and where the tire seals against the rim. Look for an area that keeps producing bubbles, that shows a leak. May be able to just put a tube in it or replace the valve stem if that's the problem.

Edited by ACmowerguy - 20 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:53am
dont even mess around with it,  just put a tube in it or have a tube put in and it will out last you
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 8:57am
I do mine the same way that I used to do tires on my bicycle-screwdrivers-although the tractor tires require a larger pair of screwdrivers-LOL. All that it takes is a couple of screwdrivers working around the rim to get the beads off. You could probably get away with doing just 1 side to be able to slip a tube in but it would still be much easier to get both beads loose. Pull the tire bead outside the rim on 1 side and then the other side you want to push the tire bead off inside the rim. That way you could pull the tire almost off the rim and place the tube right into the tire. Then all you have to do is force the tire bead that is outside the rim back inside the rim being VERY careful to not hit the tube with your screwdrivers. Then, just air up the tube and it should reset both beads easily but be careful to not over do it to force the beads or you may pop the tube or even hurt yourself. I have done lots this way front and rear lawn tractor tires to put tubes in rather than buy new tires. It will go years yet with a tube properly installed. HTH
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic