This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tiller belt for 314

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiller belt for 314
    Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 11:14am
Using the tiller and belt off our 712.  Moved it to the 314.  The belt is too short to use the tensioner, but too long when raised.  Anyone know the right length.  B cross section seems right.
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
Sponsored Links

ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 10:06pm
They both should use a 96" belt as long as the PTO pulley is the same diameter as on your 712. The 300's didn't come with a pulley on the left side of the gearbox as a standard item.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:51pm
That's what I'm gonna order.  Was about a 90 on my 712 and worked fine.  Not sure why they would be different.  Bugs me that the 314 doesn't have a clutch on that PTO
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:21pm
Hi.   I am trying to get a 36" rototiller to work on a 416S. An aftermarket belt came with the tiller; but, it is too tight. It is about 93 in.long X 1/2 in. (top) width X 5/16 in. deep. Our local Agco dealer says that she can not find a reference to the proper size and that Agco no longer have it available. What size do I need?   Ross.
JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 3:10pm
I would think the 96 also.  I can order one in for you, but we are gone all next week.  It wouldn't ship until Next Monday.

Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
" the 314 doesn't have a clutch on that PTO ". The only clutch for the tiller is a mechanical 'overcentre' unit built into the tiller assembly.

I thought that the belt might be 5/8" wide X 1/2' high. What is your recommendation?

Ross.
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Ross D. Ross D. wrote:

" the 314 doesn't have a clutch on that PTO ". The only clutch for the tiller is a mechanical 'overcentre' unit built into the tiller assembly.

I thought that the belt might be 5/8" wide X 1/2' high. What is your recommendation?

Ross.

The "hand-clutch" was no longer equipped on the newer tillers offered with the "cone-clutch" equipped tractors. It was available as a kit to make the newer tillers work on the older tractors.  Yes a 5/8" by 96" belt should work.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:02am
Speaking of a cone clutch, 
the one on my 712 seems to be wore down far enough that it barely engages(touches) the cup to drive the tiller belt. 
What am I missing that it can be adjusted further into the cup? Disassembly and install a "newer" and stiffer spring? 
Or, am I looking at it the wrong way? 
As is, I can't get the tiller to engage and totally stops a soon as it hits the ground.  
Thanks for any info. 

Edited by Jim Hancock - 06 Jun 2017 at 10:03am
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 6:54am
A few week ago I bought a Simplicity that except for the name it looks just like my Allis 917. The PTO did not work on it, and the cone/bell looked worn. I took the bell off and took it in to the local AGCO- Simplicity dealer. They had a new on in stock. I took a new one home, put it on, PTO works fine now.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic