This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reasonable asking price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reasonable asking price
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 2:25pm
Hi everyone.

Trying to figure out what a reasonable asking price for my '65 AC Big Ten would be.
Has the large blade, tiller, mower deck, tow ball attachment (home made), aftermarket dump trailer. Marker lights, electronic ignition added.

If anyone remembers, I had it down almost to a bare frame and overhauled it.  It's painted, stickered (correctly).

What would a reasonable asking price be for the package?
Any interest here before I advertise?
I'm now located in southern Alberta, about 1 hr from the Montana border.

Thanks.

Edited by Dr.Fiero - 27 May 2017 at 8:59am
Current slow rides: '65 Big Ten, '79 JD 317
Sponsored Links

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:53am
Ok, so...  is like $900 for it all...   reasonable??

grinder220 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grinder220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 4:56pm
I see packages similar to that listed around here on Craigslist for $1300 plus. Weather they sell for that is another question.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:32am
reasonable ? yes, you've done a LOT of work on it
now.. whether anyone give you 900 Canucks is another story. I just sold my 5by8 trialer made of c channel,good for 4200# for 900. I didn't drop  penny as I KNOW what else is out 'there' and have the space to store it,heck use it( well others do..) until sold.
Kijiji is a great site to sell,10 pics( 4 of tractor, 6 of implements).. adn with a gooth description, it'll sell.
You've got 3 type of buyers
1) the A-C nut
2) the 'need a mower,now ' guy
3) the 'reseller- part it out' dude

Only '1' will give you full asking price, hands down.

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:00am
Thanks - was just fishing for opinions, not necessarily offers!  :D

So Kijiji is a good market place eh?  
Craigslist seems to be too localized a search pattern.

I was thinking a specific brand forum would be good, but...  I guess anyone that comes (here) would probably already have one, so it would just be a specific collector that would be a good prospective.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:59am
BTW, I would also accept an Onan RV generator (5.5kw +) in trade.  No more than ~10 years old.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:53am
I've had pretty good luck with Kijiji over the years,though you WILL get a lot of 'will you take $$', lowballers, and trades? type of replies. There is a LOT of Allis stuff though,hmm, maybe too much...hehehe.

Just remember nobody will pay you for all the blood,sweat and tears that when into your 'pride and joy'...

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:39am
Jay is right there! The labor of love you put into it is your own enjoyment whippin' it back into shape. In your case, I was following right along with all your posts, and you did put a ton of work into that machine! Big Tractor or small Tractor, its tough to get the labor end out of it unless its a real rare piece/low production machine.  Good luck with making a sale Doc. That's a nice machine and attachments you have.
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:37am
Thanks for the kind words! A lot of what I did was just for the fun factor, and I did learn a lot of techniques etc along the way.

Still hoping it'll go to someone who appreciates it.  Even if it's 1/2 what I'd "like" to see for it, I'd rather it go to a good home.  The final dollar isn't that important.  
And remember, I'm only an hour drive from the Montana border!  Bring your trailer.  ;)

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 7:52am
If it was to go to a good home/collector, I'd entertain $500 even!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic