This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

303 Square Baler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis-Chalmers Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 303 Square Baler
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:52am
Hey guys,  

Quick question, I have a 303 square baler and I am looking for new knives.  Are NH parts interchangeable on the knotters? If not, does anybody know of a good website that sells these hard to find parts?

This baler is practically brand new and should be in a museum, the only problem I have is that I am breaking bales.  Initially I couldn't get the knot to slip off the bill-hook...that problem is better but I am still have trouble with the cutting/timing.  I heard that knew sharp knifes help solve that problem.... 
1955 WD45 Diesel, 1959 D14, All-Crop Drill, 303 Square Baler, 2015 John Deere 5075e, New Holland 279 Haybine, New Holland 575 square baler, 5ft roto-tiller, 5ft rotary cutter, 10 bale accumulator
Sponsored Links

JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:27pm
Can't answer your question, but would sure like to see a photo of your baler.
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:10pm
If that knot doesn't come off, loosen the tension on the knotter, been there done that.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:37pm
Bend the wiper arm closer to bill hook.      MACK
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:02pm
 Are you looking for twin cutters or bale chamber knife?  If for the bale chamber,new knifes will not change timing. If dull knife is working things hard try sharpening the knife you have. I have done it in place on a 3 string NH with a small angle head grinder.

Have more experience with wire twisters, but learning knotters. Since it is improving with us how rusty is the bill hock and other parts. Clean as best you can the knotters and string guides under chamber. Would think you could sharpen the knotter knife as well,if there are no big groves.

Always wondered if both knotter assemblies could be changed out to NH or others that are available.  I know NH sells knotters as complete assemblies for the 3 string 500 model balers. Has been common to change out wire twisters to knotters around here as wire price has gone out of site. But knotters ass is about $1000 each.
Allis-Chalmers Damon View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis-Chalmers Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:15am
1955 WD45 Diesel, 1959 D14, All-Crop Drill, 303 Square Baler, 2015 John Deere 5075e, New Holland 279 Haybine, New Holland 575 square baler, 5ft roto-tiller, 5ft rotary cutter, 10 bale accumulator
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:32am
Most of the knotter parts from NH are interchangeable with Allis knotters.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic