This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD7G IN SERVICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:12pm
isn't that what that ole Darrel has up north of me? how much ya pay'in for me to makes a road trip??? lol
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:49pm
Yours is a earlier unit, floor throttle where mine is in dash as was the donor, both of mine have square air cleaner in the dash.  Yours has the round engine compartment filter which is easier to find as I have been told.  Temperamental old tractors but work hard when working.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:51pm
Yes, somebody welded lots of rebar on the grousers. They did a good job. It will last the life of the machine (at least as we no it). The history appears to be that the county of Los Angeles or (maybe the city) was the original owner and they probably put the ROPS on when that law came in to effect. (1970ish). It later went to a private party that had it for many years in Bishop, Ca. We got it from Doug, at Tri City Tractor in Colton, Ca. He and his father were in the AC parts business for many years and had wrecked out lots of ACs. He was friends of the previous owner and when they called him to get rid of it he called us to see if we were interested. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:43pm
I was just admiring that fine piece of engineering, appears has been re-engineered a time or two as mine has!! Hard mechanism to keep together and functional. Someone has put a lot of time on the rails, appears to have had grousers welded on.

Edited by DMiller - 21 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:46pm
Let me go to scrounging on my donor.  The throttle on it was cabbaged together and a mess but I believe I have the decal system and linkage.  PM me a email and I will send photos when I find the stuff.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:44pm
Most God Awful heavy bucket I have ever been around!!  And we now know there were at least two!  Thanks Mel, made my day!!  That one looks to have had several Add On mods as well making it even more heavy than mine, nice looking old 7G.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:22am
 photo P4200002_zpsa9suvgtq.jpg
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:19am
Ok, So after following Dave's bucket rebuild we thought it was time to get our 7G in service, I know I was just picking on Brent for starting another project, but what the heck it's that Iron disease thing. photo P5300008_zpsquk2qdqi.jpg
We've had this 7G for several years but have never got it up to speed. It's been sitting here for almost 2 years because it wont start and I can't get to the starter with the bucket down. So because we can I cheated.
 photo P4180020_zpseemcx4ll.jpg
I used the big forklift, but couldn't find the right blocks. But found that 18'' backhoe buckets work perfect! photo P4180021_zpsxqdd7nl2.jpg
Got it up to it's almost comfortable to work on. I was sure it was the contacts in the solenoid (usually is) This is what I found. photo P4190001_zpsncrdugqn.jpg
Right call, it started right up.
  So I know Dave was sure he had the only ULRICH bucket in existence, I'm here to tell you there were 2 made and we have the other one! It's definitely a collectors item, as in not be used just collected! We do have the service manual and a original brochure for it which is cool from our collection stand point. Our plan is to put some logging forks on to use on the ranch.
  The other thing it needs is the decelerator pedal and linkage.  
 photo P4200003_zpswbmmvp59.jpg
It came without any of that. The hand throttle is there, but the other stuff was removed. We've looked around a little but not to hard. There were several different versions according to the parts book. Was thinking we can build our own,but would prefer to find original parts. Ironically we have another 7G (same vintage) in very poor condition without those parts too. photo P4200004_zpssp9quysm.jpg
So if anyone knows where to look or has parts, let us know. Also this is not getting a full restoration any time soon! This one's for play and maybe pay? (as in a working job)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic