This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190 Fuel system upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190 Fuel system upgrade
    Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:15am
We are going to give a 190 a fuel system upgrade. Can I just install 7080 nozzles seems the best bang for your buck.   Going to have fuel  pump reworked and set as high as it will go also and see what happens. Gary
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:14pm
YEP!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:31pm
Yeah you,'ll have alot of fun like this and cheap power, turn the toque sure screw out, flatten out the leaf springs holding the plungers,, it's fun!
Allisplumber View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allisplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 11:10pm
I have a set of injectors that would work great for you , ran them in my 200 for one year , you should get bigger injector lines if you want get more fuel to the bigger injectors, Pm me if you would be interested, thanks
Peterson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:50am
For what you want to do, you don't need bigger lines. Only time you will need bigger lines is when you have around 500cc of fuel or more. You'll be lucky to get 150cc from the stock pump. 7080 tips with the leaf spring screwed all the way in will net a very fun tractor.
7095-685I at 255hp, 8070-225HP,8050-210Hp,8030 with 155HP,220 with 670T engine with A-pump, 7580, 185 with 140HP, 2-6080's,6070, S4 D17,wd45,CA,st34 agco, S1 D17 with 3500MK2
HARVESTMOONPULLER View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARVESTMOONPULLER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:45pm
Ive also been scouring for some 7080 nozzles to do the same thing but one thing I'm unsure of is the 7080s had 2 styles a Bosch and an Allis Chalmers. Which style will fit correctly and who has some?
concretepumper View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concretepumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 9:30pm
Get with Ed with heritage diesel, just did my 200 with 7080 tips, did a helluva job, he goes by injpumped on here, pm him and he will take care of you
Allisplumber View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allisplumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:35am
The injectors I have are out of a 7580 , they are the Allis injectors, they work great only used for one year of pulling, would like $800.00 for the set of 6 , only changed them to put a set of new laser cut ones in it , if there's any interest Pm me , thanks and have a safe and fun pulling season
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 12:05pm
7080 and 7580 are the same injector tip with four .0148" holes.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
FYI, when someone says use 7080 nozzles(4035509), they are referring to the AC injectors. Like Dr said, they are the largest hole nozzle used on a 426, so it's a fairly low cost "upgrade" when cranking the power up. They are not nearly large enough for big pumps though. Those still require EDM work. But I don't use the larger, more expensive nozzle for that, I use the lower priced nozzle that has smaller holes(4035508). The American Bosch injectors have slightly smaller holes at .014" (.36mm)
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Big Orange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:31pm
new .450 two plunger heads are now available, add extra charge ports. remove transfer pump & float the rotor with end play bolt at front with no spring. add external pump. set at 150psi + for more power. use a none speed advance 0 degree housing, open up the fuel return flow back to the tank, to lower the case psi. find a set of 5 hole .020 dual feed boosh injectors, with  re-registered hold down plates, & return line kit. hard to find but they are around.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:40am
Why would a .45 2 roller pump put out more than a 4 roller .35 roosa?   I know Ed puts out some high flow 45 heads,  and maybe he could explain - MANY years ago we built some of the as described above 'floating head roosas'  and found the 45 heads put out more smoke but the 4 roller seemed to put the fuel in quicker and had more 'torque' feel.   would be interested in the discussion...  When we exited the pulling scene everyone went to the P pumps.   We had a DM 4 roller built with double key  shaft and gear with larger than .35 plungers and an enhanced cam ring -no transfer pump as used aux feed pump - no delivery valve - now the good part, it was never used as the puller put on an inline - melted the pistons, bent  the rods, and sold the tractor to a guy in New York-we put it on the shelf - and it disappeared...  the end of the aluminum part # tag had 'exp' stamped into it , it was painted black over the , maroon ...   so if anyone ever sees.... :-)
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:38pm
The biggest 4 plunger DC is .310, so anything bigger was custom made. I've got several .310 DC pumps out there running down the track, and they do deliver a lot of fuel when I make my mods, but the .450 DB still out flows them. I don't do the external transfer pump, I leave the factory one in there, but I do make mods to it. My pullng pumps are very reliable, and make lots of power. I don't modify the head at all though.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
The original reason for taking out the transfer pump was to assist in unloading the pump shafts where the thin place is as well as filling the plungers completely at higher rpms.
The pressure of 135-150 psi caused the pump shaft to walk forward - thus there had to be a thrust bolt put in the front cover to replace the spring loaded thrust button. Removing the delivery valve at this high pressure also yielded a few extra cc's.  I was talking to one of the old guys who works here and he thinks we took the .37 2 roller plungers and put them in the .31 head leaving the shorties as is.   Think we left out 4 of the weights as well.  I also think we used the v slot metering valve instead of the later one.   Just thoughts on a rainy day...memory aint what it used to be...

When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic