This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tri-State Antique Power Association Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tri-State Antique Power Association Show
    Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:48am
Has anyone ever go to or is anyone planning to go to the Tri-State Antique Power Association's show in Grey Tennessee?

It is coming up at the end of the month and I am going to be in the area.  I saw it on Classic Tractor Fever and thought it would be a good way to kill a day.  I am interested in if anyone has been and if it is worth the hour drive.
1950 WD, 1955 B, 66 Jacobsen Chief-O-Matic, 68 Simplicity 2110, 77 IH Cub Cadet 1450 w/front loader
Sponsored Links

Farmuse01 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmuse01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:09am
Dan, I would think that if you have any interest at all in old tractors, machinery and any thing else antique it usually is there at there show. I live just north of there in Bristol Tn which is about a 30 min drive down for myself. If I can make the show fit my schedule Ill be down there at some point in time one of the three days. If I am not mistaken the host tractor is anything to do with antique small engines. I hope that I can get my A/Cs there next year, I think that A/C is the host tractor brand next year. Hope this helps.

Jonathan
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:24am
If you are in the area and have the time I assure you you will like the show. The feature this year is lawn and garden and Brian Baxter will be there again. Also next year is a GOTO. I can help with any info for the April 25-29 2018 show. Look me up if you make it. Scott Rutledge
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:38am
Originally posted by allisrutledge allisrutledge wrote:

If you are in the area and have the time I assure you you will like the show. The feature this year is lawn and garden and Brian Baxter will be there again. Also next year is a GOTO. I can help with any info for the April 25-29 2018 show. Look me up if you make it. Scott Rutledge

Oh I guarantee that I will have the time.  I am bringing my parents to see my sister in Asheville, NC  because at 78 my father should not be driving that far and my mother...well i will just leave it at that.  I will need to escape and relax before I drive them 12 hours home.Wink
1950 WD, 1955 B, 66 Jacobsen Chief-O-Matic, 68 Simplicity 2110, 77 IH Cub Cadet 1450 w/front loader
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:38am
Johnathan, I will be meeting with Allis friends on Fri afternoon to discuss 2018 if you want to come by. Thanks, Scott
WEL(TN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEL(TN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:46am
Been there many times. Well worth the time and effort to go.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:49am
Friday is a good day to look, if you come Saturday be there early. Ashville is just a beautiful one hour drive away on I26. Gray is about 6 miles past Johnson City. safe travels and see you there. Scott
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 6:31pm
I was there for the GOTO a few years ago.  Am going to try to make it again this year, but may be on Saturday. 
Dale East Tn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale East Tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:13pm
I usually go about ever year really do enjoy going I will be bringing a 5020 and a B207e. this year looking forward to the gathering of the orange next year.
Billoh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:23pm
I go every year,I have lots of good friends down there including allisrutledge
         Bill from Ohio
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 10:54pm
It seems like there are a bunch of people going.  We should plan a meet-up.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 6:59am
What day are you going to be there? Bill and I will be there throughout the show.there will be several AC folks there. Scott
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 2:56pm

What day are you going to be there? Bill and I will be there throughout the show.there will be several AC folks there. Scott

We are planning for Friday to beat the weekend crowds.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:43pm
Ok, we will meet on top of the hill in front of bld one at 2:00 pm any and all Allis collectors.Bill you will need to remind me so I don't miss it. Thanks all, Scott
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 7:07pm

Ok, we will meet on top of the hill in front of bld one at 2:00 pm any and all Allis collectors.Bill you will need to remind me so I don't miss it. Thanks all, Scott

Looking forward to putting faces with names.  
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 7:43pm
If anyone has front weights for a WD they want to part with and is planning to come, I might be interested.  I'd also be interested in front wheel weights for a WD or B too.  Please PM if you do.

Edited by DanC911 - 16 Apr 2017 at 7:45pm
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:36pm
2 couples from near me in south central Illinois went to the show the last time the Gathering of the Orange was there and said good things about the show.
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:56am
2 MORE DAYS TILL THE SHOW!!!  Big smileBig smile

I don't know why that at nearly 50 years old I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.   I guess it's because I am going to be spending time with my sister who I don't get to see very often and I am getting away from work for a few days.

See you all in front of Bldg  1 at the top of the hill at 2PM on Friday.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:54pm
Wendsday and there is already about 200 lawn tractors here!
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 12:46pm
I want to thank those of you that suggested I make time to get to this show.  It was well worth the drive and time well spent.

I also want to say how much I enjoyed meeting some other Allis owners and well as forum members.  I am sorry that I cannot remember everyone's names but I do want to thank Scott (allisrutledge) for introducing me around.  Everyone was so very friendly and welcoming to a "northerner" Wink.  

It sounds like plans are well underway for next year's GOTO and I am very much looking forward to attending.  If the number of lawn/garden tractors there on Friday are any indication, the GOTO should be huge.
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 5:23pm
 Dan, it was nice meeting you, and I, like you, cannot remember others name so  how about if you were there at bldg 1 Friday list your names.  Tim Miller
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:36pm
Donnie M. Ed R. Sam R. Are a few that are not on here much. There was about 12 or so Allis collectors there with more at the show That did not get the info about the meeting. I would like to thank everyone for coming. The estimate for Saturday was 500+ lawn and garden and 250 tractors . I'm looking forward to filling up the grounds with Allis Chalmers. 2018 GOTO info will be in the Old Allis News soon. I can say we would like to see all the WF Allis's that can be there. #9 WF and about 6 others are planning on making it so far. Scott Rutledge
Dale East Tn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale East Tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:44pm
It was good to meet everyone Friday looking forward to the GOTO next year.     Dale Hurst
DanC911 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanC911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:55pm
Here are some pics from the show

Edited by DanC911 - 01 May 2017 at 7:57pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 8:33pm
Thanks Dan
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:32pm
I was there on Thursday. Things were just getting started, but it was still worth the trip. I would have loved to stayed the weekend and seen all the festivities and met some of you folks. I did meet Scott, or he found me I guess you could say. He got me thinking real serious about bringing my tractors next year. I'm sure they will be plenty there that will put mine to shame but at least they will be the right color. We can't let green dominate this show like it does most others.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:49pm
Ranse, please don't let that bother you , I love tractors that show their character. I will have several unrestored ones there and are just as happy with them. Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic