This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake History!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake History!!
    Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:26am
This is not intended to be anything political, so don't overthink the thread subject!
It is however, a growing problem that I am running into often.

I was reading the latest issue of "Antique Power Magazine". On page 31 there is an advertisement by Bradford Exchange for an AC Heirloom Stein. It depicts a D-17 tractor on the front, and a B on the back. Two things jump out at me:
1. The orange handle is shaped more like IH tinwork, rather than AC.
2. The historical information on the back reads as follows:

""with its roots in heavy equipment manufacturing, Allis Chalmers had the diversity of experience to bring innovation to the move to mechanized farming in the early 1900's. They also revolutionized branding by introducing the now-famous Persian Orange color for their tractors. The beloved D-17 model introduced in 1937 and priced at an affordable $500 for the many farmers who farmed 100 acres or less appears on the front and as a sculptural crown on the lid. The first breakthrough orange model, the Model B from 1929, appears here below.""

I am not sure if this is just an honest mistake, or the lack of due care in representing a historical tractor in a collectable piece.  It is my humble opinion that if we as collectors and users of A-C's or any other brand wish to continue to teach the next generations about real agricultural history, and its accomplishments, then we must do everything possible to make sure we are passing on the correct historical details to them.

I notified Bradford of the error. They responded by saying that the Research and Development  department will look into it.

Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Sponsored Links

Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:08am
I have a Bradford CooCoo Clock that I got for Christmas. It has a farm scene and WD or WD45 on the front. I don't remember what the certificate of authenticity said and I accidentally burned it with the packaging a few weeks ago.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:09am
those are quite the errors!
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:28am
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:36am
I saw the errors too in the ad in Antique Power.  Hard to believe an outfit could make such big mistakes!  Way too expensive, especially considering the misinformation on it.  I wonder if  the production run has been done or if they take orders before manufacturing them.  If there are only a few with the mistakes, THOSE would be the real collectors items!

Obviously they didn't consult anyone on the Forum. LOL

Edited by JohnCO - 23 Mar 2017 at 11:38am
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:47am
Thinking about it some more got me so upset I fired off an email to them too!

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:12pm
thats real bad at least they could get the handle right,     why would an allis guy want a half farmall ?   i did not see a place to send an e mail
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:26pm
Guess that'd how rumors get started
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:27pm
Wow, that handle is right off an H! lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
I clicked on the orange link and was autodirected to the CANADIAN website ! arrrgh.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:47pm
And to think it's FULLY LICENSED....yeah, fully licensed crap! By the Archer Well Company no less...

Edited by Bill_MN - 23 Mar 2017 at 2:48pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:52pm
China man at factroy have trouble with tranzlachion.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm
How many of us have been at AC tractor shows where vendors are selling the metal signs with a picture of a UC and saying it's a WC ? Good for you guys that responded to them via e-mails after all how they going to learn unless someone teaches them.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:22pm
yep that handle is right off a farmall "H" or "M"! dum azzes
JimWenigOH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimWenigOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 4:13pm
Speaking of Fake History, I was up at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI a few years ago. They had on display a JD 7000 series planter listed as the first no-till planter...NOT.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:38pm
Methinks they tried out the mug, afore writing the history...WinkWink
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:43pm
That is just so wrong in so many ways. Hard to believe they actually produced it.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by JimWenigOH JimWenigOH wrote:

Speaking of Fake History, I was up at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI a few years ago. They had on display a JD 7000 series planter listed as the first no-till planter...NOT.

That's the type of crap I deal with. Misinformation, totally wrong information, or a completely new narrative. And...you don't even need the internet to see it. Maybe the "Correct Police" are not that bad after all? At least they care about being accurate.
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm
https://www.bradfordexchange.com/service_contact-us.html

Use this link to make a complaint. You will have to fill in the required boxes for your personal information. Leave a comment about this screw-up in the comment section.

C'mon collectors and users of A-C equipment, Lets defend a lasting legacy!!!!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:56pm
They push that crap out and hope that many AC people have many folks that won't know and buy them as gifts for their loved ones!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:16pm
Somebody needs to start over again and do their homework! If first you don't succeed, try, try, again....  LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 6:29am
I think that they should be forced to recall that stuff. That'll teach em. Now if we can just get the ASDA, FDA or somebody like that involved....LOL  Wait, you drink with it right? It comes from China? How much Lead might be in it?
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 8:13am
They probably molded a lot of those handles for IHC mugs/steins, then only print as many of the pictures that go around the mugs as needed, easier to print more pictures than mould more handles.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 9:48am
Could be worse.  Could have been a green handle!!! LOL
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:05am
Their R and D people need leave; now. Always wanted to use a ";" ,just never had a need to. I too have seen the Farmall handle on stein, the UC tin with the WC title and its CA seat spring. My favorite has to be the Last Of The Line 6070 S.N. 1971 toy, but we all know the last 6070 was S.N. 1972. You can just buy the last 6070 at the auction, me, I want the second to the last 6070 and have everyone buying a numbered toy of my tractor. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 12:34pm
I got a reply back that they are looking into it.  Wonder what that means.  I don't know what Pat charges for a full page ad in Antique Power but I'll bet it's a bunch! Can't imagine many AC collectors buying such a mistake.  I wonder if they have a Binder (IHC) mug?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm
Sure enough!  They've got three Farmall steins, $79.95 each.  All told, they've got a chitpot of steins, most pretty ugly IMHO!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:00am
OK.. as a 'diversion' from the 'cracked stack' I have to deal ,with I was curious about the steins... I ALWAYS get redirected to the Canadian BE website. So, I emailed them, turns out they do NOT allow Canadians to buy from the American website and have items shipped into Canada! Gets better. They ALSO do NOT allow Canadians to order from the USA and have product sent to any US address !!! Idiots.
I'm sorry guys, but I can't surprise buy/ship any 'rare' A-C steins to you.

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:41am
Funny, NOT, how the 1929 B has a starter and distributor too!
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 6:52am
I just sent an email to "Product Information". It may not be the right place and will most likely be deleted. Here is my email content:

Is your Allis Chalmers stein a result of piss poor research, poor translation, or just plain lack of interest in getting things right?
 The handle is a great representation of a Farmall M or H, a competitor of Allis.
 The D17 was introduced in 1957 at considerably more than $500. And the B was introduced in 1937 and didn't have electric start or a distributor as pictured on the "stein".
 Somebody SHOULD lose their job for this ridiculous example of lackawanna.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic