This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis-Chalmers mower collection acquisition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis-Chalmers mower collection acquisition
    Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:55pm
I just acquired a small collection of Allis-Chalmers lawn mowers yesterday and the model numbers include: 720, 616, 718 hydro, 716 hydro and a b-10. I was told by the guy that the 718 hydro was quite rare in that there were only upwards of 150 produced. Any of y'all know of any information on this model beyond the fact that I've found it was produced for only a year.
AC1945WC
Sponsored Links

Doug Acord View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Acord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:08pm
Congratulation on you Acquisition. You are right about the One year production on the 718 Hydro. I think there were more than 150 made. But How many are left with the OHV Kohler in them is a better Question. The Heads are the problem on these drop valve seats and Broken Rocker arm clamps are the death of the engine. 
AC1945WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:19pm
I had meant to say that I think he told me there were 158 of the 718 hydro made so thank you for seeing my error Doug. I had made the deal yesterday to which he wanted to do an affordable payment plan as he really wants me to have these mowers. They need some work, spit and polish but it won't take long to get them up to snuff. Pretty sure it might take some bloody knuckles to get there too. At least the 720 will go to the local show near me in Federalsburg, Maryland as a part of my display I put on (which has considerably grown for a couple years to show diversity in the Allis-Chalmers line). I intend to further grow my collection as any other collector should and hope the 718 hydro will not be a problem.

Edited by AC1945WC - 08 Mar 2017 at 2:21pm
AC1945WC
AC1945WC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC1945WC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 4:40pm
Believe it or not this mower still has the original engine. If anything I will find a solution to fix their issue to keep all original.
AC1945WC
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 8:22pm
If you do Facebook there are a few AC/Simplicity pages to follow that are informative also
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic