This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

h4 allis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: h4 allis
    Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 9:57am
Aw while back my right clutch handle just flopped back. I discovered the key way was gone. I put a new key way stock in it. It worked for a while but now its flopping again. does anyone know what size of key way I need. Its the right clutch arm assembly that fixes on the outer shaft going inside the housing to the steering clutch. Havent started taking it back apart again but I suspect my key way wasn't the right size. pulled this h4 out of the barn yesterday to start cleaning out a pond and to make it bigger.  steering clutches, brakes really worked good. enough moisture in the ground that it digs fairly good.  thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 10:04am
Might be right size key but the surrounding metal is worn - might try fitting a new one by filing down a larger one - or fit it with JB Weld or other such hardening epoxies . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 10:01pm
was thinking about using some jp weld. I know the old one came out. pain in the ass to have to remove the seat and pans to get to it. These people who designed these things you know never worked on them.  thanks  norm
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 6:48pm
Today I finally got to work on the h4. I got lucky in that a clevis pin had fallen out of the linkage. All fixed now. Now I have to install a electric fuel pump. I have been running it off the fuel tank which is a little higher than the carb but when it gets low it will die when going up a hill. Don't want to spend 170 bucks for a fuel pump which started leaking a year ago. Have a nice day. Summer is coming.
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 10:48pm
glad it was just a pin. Have fun this spring, summer, and fall with the h-4. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic