This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD Single Piston, Rings, Sleeve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN-Realtor-Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD Single Piston, Rings, Sleeve
    Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 12:22am
My son and I finally got a chance to pull the motor out of the WD which had a stuck block today.  We got three of the four pistons out without a problem.  The 4th one gave us a little trouble but she finally relented.  At the end of the day, I need a single piston, a ring or two, and a new sleeve to complete the repair.  Most everything else is reusable.  Does anybody know where a guy can buy single parts rather than an entire overhaul kit?

Edited by MN-Realtor-Farmer - 18 Feb 2017 at 12:23am
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:11am
Will need a bore size and piston # to start with .I can sell u 1 new Piston sleeve kit , will have rings and piston pin. But its going to be 4.125 bore. if u have a 4 inch bore ,u will be looking for used on piston and sleeve ,then u can get new 0-rings for sleeve and new rings for piston .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 7:07am
Depending on the condition of the other 3 you might wish you had either all 4 new or all 4 similar used. I have some used sleeves and pistons around and I'm sure some others do too. You would want to make sure measurements and styles matched regardless of which way you went
MN-Realtor-Farmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN-Realtor-Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 2:53pm
Casting number is 224753. Bore is 4".
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 3:24pm
You WD has 6.6 to 1 comp pistons and the old AC part number for the piston is 224754
The AC Sleeve part Number is 207435. New AGCO part numbers are for the piston- 70224754 running on gasoline for high altitude and sleeve is 70257450.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

JimD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 9:05am
I'll go dig and see if I have any in my assortment of pistons, doubtful on the sleeve.  You will be happier in the end with a full kit though.
Owner of OKtractor.com PM for an instant response on parts. Open M-F 9-6 Central.

We have new and used parts. 877-378-6543
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 9:18am
I know you can buy a new sleeve, piston, and ring set for a Ford N series, not sure about a WD though. I agree, you might as well do all 4! You already have it apart, so why not? It's not hard at all. 
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 10:10am
If I had the engine completely torn apart, I would replace everything while I was in there.  Then you would know for sure that everything will last for a long time.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN-Realtor-Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 3:07pm
I should probably clarify the purpose of this rebuild.  My family and I recently moved to 10 acres and bought a WD45 to help around the property.  The tractor came as a 2 for 1 deal with a WD that had a stuck block.  My son and I have been having fun taking it apart and trying to get it back running again.  If I can get it running again, my plan is to sell it and offset the cost of the WD45 which is what I really wanted in the first place.  

I understand that when you tear them down this far, you should really repair and replace everything, but my hope is simply to get an education and get a tractor running to sell at some point.  Sinking an extra $450 into the unit while worthwhile, will not bring and additional $450 from the sale and as such, it is a loss leader.  My hope is to simply replace what I broke while taking it apart and put it back together as a runner for someone else.
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:28pm
I know exactly what you mean. I bought a large stock of take out sleeves and pistons at a dealers close out auction last year. I will try to dig through my stock and see if I can match one for you.
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:32pm
After you get it running, what price do you think it will sell for?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN-Realtor-Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:08pm
Lon, I was thinking around $1,000. Do you need another one for the collection?
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 10:17am
I have a set of 4" bore pistons, sleeves, and rods for a WD that are going to Booneville. Good used condition. Also have the crank, It's standard but needs ground.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic