This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 185 loader hydraulics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsummers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 185 loader hydraulics
    Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:42pm
I need some input on where to plumb an open center valve for a joystick loader on a 185. I need to leave all the remotes open for equipment. I've read somewhere to put a T in the line under the battery box where the steel line feeding remotes is split but where will the return line go from the new valve? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

scott in tenn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott in tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 8:53pm
I used elbows instead of a tee and ran a line up to loader valve then back down to steel line.HTH.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 7:00am
Nsummers, you would not put a tee in that line, you have to split that line, and add a line to it, such that the line goes to the "in" port on your loader valve stack. Then, very important, make sure that your loader valve stack has a "power beyond" port, that will more than likely be stamped "byd". From that port, run a line back into the line going to the remote valves. Basically, you're taking the oil that was going from the pump to the remote valve stack, and running it through your loader valve stack first. Now the "return" port on the loader valve stack still has to have a line returning oil to the tractors hydraulic compartment, and I'm not exactly sure where to go in at with that. Hope someone else pipes up and explains that. Must be a plug somewhere. Someone else may have a better location as where to split into the pressure line as well. I have never had to do this yet, so I am just going off memory from past posts. Darrel
nsummers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsummers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 12:02pm
Darrel thanks for the info, that makes sense. Now I just need to know where to plumb in the return. Using this method will it affect any of my remote hydraulic function? On another 185 that I have I plumbed the loader thru the rear remote (1 set), but when I need to use the 3 point hitch I have to shut off the remote valve (at this point I'm not using the loader so no fluid going to cylinders during same time of trying to lift 3 point). If I'm putting my new valve in series with the line feeding the remotes will I have the same result?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:38pm
No, it should not affect any other functions. Only time it would, would be if you are using one of loader functions at the same time as something on the back. Example; if you have the lever pulled back to raise the loader, you will not be able to raise an implement on the back at the same time. But when all of your loader valve stack levers are in neutral/hold position, 3 pt and rear remote functions will be in-affected. I need to get a project identical to this done on my 185 as well. The loader valve on it is plumbed into the rear remote now, just like yours is. We have a bale fork on the 3 pt hitch, and every time we need to raise the 3 pt, we have to throw the one lever into neutral. I'll take a look at my 185 this afternoon, and see if I can find a convenient place to return the oil to sump. Darrel
nsummers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsummers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:04pm
Darrel, yep I have the same issue on my other 185 plumbed from the remote. When using a 3 point bale spear to pick up my gooseneck hay trailer I have to move the remote to neutral feeding the loader valve while I pick it up. This new set up I wanted to plumb different than the older one. All what you say makes sense and is what I'm wanting to achieve. When we get this figured out I'll probably switch my other 185 to match the new one.
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:11pm
Just as has been stated - make sure you use 5/8 or larger hose off the pump to the valve and from the power beyond to the original destination of the oil - we plumb the oil right back into the oem line we removed from the pump outlet.  You can use a 1/2 " hose to go to the drain plug in the hydraulic portion of the torque tube for the 3d hose for the lower or out line off the valve.  This is for the oil to go to sump when you block off the center in a power down or dump or curl function.   We have seen a 1/2 line with the restriction of the fittings over heat the hyd oil as some fittings on the hoses are less than 1/2"
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:13pm
Nash,stop by and look at my 200.
"Burgie"
nsummers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsummers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 7:13pm
Burgie I'll get with you sometime and check yours out.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 9:32am
Tbran,do I understand you correctly, that going into the drain plug of the hydraulic sump is the best option ....? Thanks, Darrel
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:20pm
for the third line or 'lower' line.  The unit will work on the joystick with an inlet and outlet with out the power beyond. However the back pressure when you use you other tractor hydraulics will pressure the entire block and the seals will eventually fail.
Power beyond with a line to sump is the way to go.  There are two drains for the sump, I think the front one is pipe and the ez est  one to find a fitting for.  The rear has a magnet in the plug best I can remember.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:08pm
Be nice if someone could put this info into a detailed drawing . I could use one on a 185 and 170-175. Any help appreciated.Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
nsummers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsummers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:53pm
I'm finally in the process of installing the loader that was discussed last year. If I read correctly thru the post the power beyond on the loader valve will feed back into the steel line under the battery box continuing onto the rear valve and the "OUT" on the new loader valve will plumb into the drain in the hydraulic system using a 1/2" hose? Has anyone made a drawing of this? Thanks for the help.
TimZ(TX) View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimZ(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 9:23pm
2-B's,CA,D15,D17,160,2-185's 8010
nsummers View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsummers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:30am
Tim thanks so much that's exactly what I was needing.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:42am
I don't know exactly how it was done but the loader valve on my 185 is plumbed out of the rear valve pack and then back into the pack using only two lines it works like a charm and no effect on the rear tractor remotes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic