This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Ephemera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Ephemera
    Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 4:51pm
Some random stuff I've collected over the years (used to be a lot cheaper to collect):

Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:13am
I have about 40 binders of A-C brochures from farming ,construction, utility, industrial ,milling, mining, electrical,  etc  but notice somethings that I don't have.  Good work !
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:42am
Looks good.

I like the leasing rubber pad .I have one .

It can be a ADDICTION watch it .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 6:48am

I have two full binders of Gleaner combine brochures and a few Allis Chalmers tractor brochures, But it's getting pretty expensive to collect the Allis Chalmers sales brochures these days. Saw a brochure on the AC 7040, 7060, 7080 tractors for sale the other day for $45.00.
Like to get a few more brochures on the tractors but the price needs to be right.

Even the Toy AC stuff seems to be gaining in value as well.   

Jason

Edited by JasonB - 12 Feb 2017 at 6:54am
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 9:35am
It is funny that I pay good money for things I THREW AWAY when my father closed his dealership.
How Dumb can you be!
I have kept things that my father used and touched.  His sales briefcase, his small Allis Chalmers Price Book (up to date for 1960), his Knowledge is Power, and other items that were close and used by Pop.  They are most valuable to me.  In fact, one of my fellow Church members was a Sales Representative for International Harvestor, Baltimore MD. He gave to me his father's price book.  My Fellow Church Member is gone now.  It is my honor to continue to hold this memorabelia for him.
The things that I threw away and would love to have now would be our dealership parts identification set up - all in a computer now -, our literature rack, the literature that was in it, and some of the tools that we gave away to other dealers.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by JasonB JasonB wrote:

I have two full binders of Gleaner combine brochures and a few Allis Chalmers tractor brochures, But it's getting pretty expensive to collect the Allis Chalmers sales brochures these days. Saw a brochure on the AC 7040, 7060, 7080 tractors for sale the other day for $45.00.
Like to get a few more brochures on the tractors but the price needs to be right.

Even the Toy AC stuff seems to be gaining in value as well.   

Jason

I could of got you as many brochures as you wanted, i know a guy that sold a whole bunch of extras that he had. Most were probably more common newer stuff but you cant go wrong at a $1 per pound. Lol
8070FWA,7080 BlackBelly, 7045,2 200s,D19,D17,G, WD,45,UC,7 AC mowers and lots more!
"IT TAKES 3 JD's TO OUT DO AN ALLIS, 2 TO MATCH IT IN THE FIELD AND 1 FOR PARTS!"
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:15am

No, you can't go wrong at $1 a pound on some of the newer AC brochures. I have one on the 6000, 8000, and 4W-220, 4W-305. Was at an auction last August and bought an original AC sales manual in a blue binder that covered AC equipment in the 1960's. Only gave $20.00 Canadian for it, which I thought was a fair deal.

jorstad brothers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorstad brothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:26am
i like the 18-30 book thats one i dont have.
remember plunder than burn
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by jorstad brothers jorstad brothers wrote:

i like the 18-30 book thats one i dont have.

That's definitely the oldest one I have I like how it shows them red on the cover when they were actually painted green.

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 5:04pm
Awesome
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:36am
jpessek,
You have quite the collage of AC Ephemera. Thank you for posting about them. Two publications standout as interesting to me - "Springfield Story" & "Genie Automatic."  
The Springfield IL dozer plant was about 30 miles from me. While it was in operation, I either too young, not interested, or not living in IL. Now, that I'm back in IL & more interested in AC's history, the plant has been closed for years.
My 1977 K2 Gleaner's Genie Automatic header height control unit still operates & makes harvesting soybeans a joy. This early unit functions with simplicity and is easily hooked & unhooked into the combine's hydraulic lift system.    
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:59am
Maybe some of you could scan them in and offer copies.  I have done a few and other than all of the multi-address emails, it was easy to do.  And it felt good to provide free history to others that appreciate it. 

Or, maybe there could be a site created where these pdf. files could be uploaded to?

As was stated above, "I wish I had all that we threw away".  Many of us would like to have copies that there may only be one of, left in existence.

Just a thought!  I have several I could upload immediately.  If others don't have the capability to scan these into a computer.  I would be willing to do it.  We would just need to mail the items back and forth.

If you don't have a color printer and you want a paper copy, you  can take them to an office supply store, Staples, and get color copies.

Like I said, I volunteer to scan and upload.  Anyone have web storage resources?  Any other volunteers?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 6:44pm
Wow! I'm loving that 18-30 brochure. Thanks for sharing!
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

jpessek,
You have quite the collage of AC Ephemera. Thank you for posting about them. Two publications standout as interesting to me - "Springfield Story" & "Genie Automatic."  
The Springfield IL dozer plant was about 30 miles from me. While it was in operation, I either too young, not interested, or not living in IL. Now, that I'm back in IL & more interested in AC's history, the plant has been closed for years.
My 1977 K2 Gleaner's Genie Automatic header height control unit still operates & makes harvesting soybeans a joy. This early unit functions with simplicity and is easily hooked & unhooked into the combine's hydraulic lift system.    

That's just a small portion, I got around 4 binders of stuff:

jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Maybe some of you could scan them in and offer copies.  I have done a few and other than all of the multi-address emails, it was easy to do.  And it felt good to provide free history to others that appreciate it. 

Or, maybe there could be a site created where these pdf. files could be uploaded to?

As was stated above, "I wish I had all that we threw away".  Many of us would like to have copies that there may only be one of, left in existence.

Just a thought!  I have several I could upload immediately.  If others don't have the capability to scan these into a computer.  I would be willing to do it.  We would just need to mail the items back and forth.

If you don't have a color printer and you want a paper copy, you  can take them to an office supply store, Staples, and get color copies.

Like I said, I volunteer to scan and upload.  Anyone have web storage resources?  Any other volunteers?

I have thought of doing something like that to go along with my youtube page but I've never found a good site to store the pdf files.  Since the corporate archive is long gone its up to us collectors to keep track of everything.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:59pm
Just curious what the back of your statement of purpose plaque in the upper left corner of your first pic looks like?
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Chad(WI) Chad(WI) wrote:

Just curious what the back of your statement of purpose plaque in the upper left corner of your first pic looks like?

Here you go:

macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 8:49pm
Sure like the 18-30 brochure.

www.simpletractors.com has done some of the brochures on the new site regarding garden tractors and accessories.  Kent on the website is the administator and has done lots of work in getting all this done, and may have some ideas for those of you that are computer savvy so that it could be done on here.
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 9:23pm
Went up my Mom's this weekend and there, in a pile of papers and STUFF, that she wanted me to look thru and decide what was to be kept and what to throw away was the Owners Manual to my Dad's Series III D17D. kinda made my weekend.
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:39pm
I got one of the WD implement brochures pdf from JohnMI. Thanks again John.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 10:43pm
Jason B I too think you got a great deal on that stuff.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

I got one of the WD implement brochures pdf from JohnMI. Thanks again John.

You're welcome truckrfarmer!

During the winter I would enjoy doing more if anyone has anything they want done.

john(MI)

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 10:46am
Jpessek, thank you very much - for scanning in copies of the Springfield Story & Genie Automatic. That is the first time I ever seen a Springfield Tractor's aerial view or any exterior view of the plant. I'm enjoying figuring out by looking at it, where Stevenson Ave lies in the photo. That mfg plant was a big deal (20 acres under roof!!!). There is nothing of it that exist today... Wow - they are Great AC Brochures! 

With your permission, I'd like to pass these copies along to The Sangamon County Historical Society (Springfield, Illinois county). They have the following write-up page at their weblink. http://www.sangamoncountyhistory.org/wp/?p=2646 
This is just an interesting footnote from their page: CNH purchased it from FiatAllis sometime after 1985. Fiat purchased it from AC in 1974 (Fiat 65% + Allis 35% shares). Some 6500 employees work there at its pinnacle. 

Edited by AC7060IL - 14 Feb 2017 at 10:55am
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by AC7060IL AC7060IL wrote:

Jpessek, thank you very much - for scanning in copies of the Springfield Story & Genie Automatic. That is the first time I ever seen a Springfield Tractor's aerial view or any exterior view of the plant. I'm enjoying figuring out by looking at it, where Stevenson Ave lies in the photo. That mfg plant was a big deal (20 acres under roof!!!). There is nothing of it that exist today... Wow - they are Great AC Brochures! 

With your permission, I'd like to pass these copies along to The Sangamon County Historical Society (Springfield, Illinois county). They have the following write-up page at their weblink. http://www.sangamoncountyhistory.org/wp/?p=2646 
This is just an interesting footnote from their page: CNH purchased it from FiatAllis sometime after 1985. Fiat purchased it from AC in 1974 (Fiat 65% + Allis 35% shares). Some 6500 employees work there at its pinnacle. 

That's fine, go right ahead
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:33pm
I decided to follow JohnMI's lead and made a pdf file of the 18-30 brochure.  PM me if anyone wants a copy emailed to them.  Its a 7mb file.
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:55pm
I think I finally found a site to store my PDF files so here's some links to download some brochures I've converted:

Allis Chalmers 18-30:

Allis Chalmers 20-35:

Allis Chalmers United Model U:

Allis Chalmers UC:

Allis Chalmers 6070:

And For Fun Here's The February 1926 Issue Of Oil Pull Magazine:

DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:03am
Can you imagine having a full 5 gallon unopened bucket of "OilPull Oil"????
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:15pm
I've managed to convert a few more things to pdf.  And I've created a website where I'll post my brochures and other paper items for download as I get them converted: http://www.allischalmersarchive.com I'm starting at the beginning of my binders so it will start will the oldest stuff and slowly work towards the newer items

Edited by jpessek - 17 Feb 2017 at 7:19pm
jpessek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpessek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:10am
Worked hard on the website this weekend,  So far I'm at 28 vintage Allis Chalmers (and Advance Rumely) brochures converted to pdf available to download.  I've still got way more to do.... Check em out, everything from the 18-30 to the 4W-305:

If you don't like the list view scroll down for a thumbnail view
www.allischalmersarchive.com
Your Source Of Free Vintage Allis Chalmers Brochures Available For Downloading
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by jpessek jpessek wrote:

And For Fun Here's The February 1926 Issue Of Oil Pull Magazine:

Holy Cow!!! On page 15 it shows a photo with the caption "Farm Home of Jacob Laufer, OilPull owner, Gotebo, Oklahoma".
That's where my grandparents live, and they knew him! Wow!
The strange part is all the other photos have an article accompanying them, but this one doesn't. Just a photo of his house. Seems kinda odd. All the other photos are of tractors, not houses. 

Edited by CrestonM - 20 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic