This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD belt pully, oil seal question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD belt pully, oil seal question.
    Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 1:22pm
I'm in the process of refurbishing my 53 WD, it did not have a belt pulley on before but since I have one, I thought I'd go ahead and put it on in the disengaged position. So what keeps the oil from running out between the housing and belt drive? I do not have any oil in the housing yet so I'm not sure where the full level is and if the gear for the belt drive is oiled that way? Is the oil gravity fed away from the outer housing? Parts breakdown shows an inner seal but nothing for the outer part of tube. I'm repainting the tractor, so I'm trying to keep oil leaks to a minimum.
Thanks
Leon B
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Sponsored Links

Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 3:12pm
There is a round cork gasket. The gasket sits in the step of the clutch housing. The pulley slide snugly inside the gasket. I looked but I don't have any pictures.

There is a seal too actually in the belt pulley but I've never changed it.

Edited by Allis dave - 02 Feb 2017 at 3:13pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 3:15pm
Leon,
 There is a cork seal near the frame. Call Sandy Lake or one of the suppliers on here they should be able to answer your questions.
I did replace these on the two WD's. But i chose to use the cup and not put the pulleys back on.
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 3:22pm
yep, pretty much the same as my WC

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Norm Meinert View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm Meinert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 8:40pm
I sell the new cork seals. call 815-238-4506
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:14pm
Thanks for the replies. I'll have to put that on my list of things I need. I wonder why it's not listed in the Agco parts book?
Leon B Mo
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 12:35pm
It's in the parts book 70223575
listed under "clutch - engine clutch housing"
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:21pm
I see it now, I was looking in all the places it wasn't.
Thanks
Leon B Mo
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:55pm
Leon, there's two more seals inside the belt pulley tube they are inside and one holds the hyd oil in and one that holds gun grease in.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic