This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Murphy Rockers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Murphy Rockers
    Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 7:12pm
Dave Mitch is liking 4-7 swap cams for bigblock Chevy's currently .
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 6:02pm
What does panky prefer???Wink
mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 5:41pm
Phil have a set of the wc pushrods I prefer the stamped ones with the oval o on side cause they are lighter but the WC ones don't bend as easy
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 1:12pm
If you want Phil, I probably have a set of push rods from a Perkins that are real close to the Allis 201-226 ones, you can just cut and grind the end to fit.  I used them to make custom length ones for my old engine and I probably have morein a box
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 7:52am
Smith bros will make what ever you want, you just have to know how to measure every dimension they need. And if you tell them wrong, you just bought a set of paperweights. I only keep 301/426.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
d17brown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 7:24pm
do you have push rods for 226 d17
phil
bsallis180 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsallis180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:41am
smith bros. copy past link 
http://www.pushrods.net/pushrods.html
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:39am
I keep them in stock for 301 and 426 from smith brothers. The set of 12 is 276.00. You can order them right from them, but you have to tell them what to build, and that's where I did the leg work, plus I keep them on my shelf. I have them in the stock diameter, so clearance isn't an issue. They are very strong, made of a better material, and thicker wall.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
d17brown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d17brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 7:12pm
who sells the heavy push rods and how much are they
phil
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:38am

Ive used a set, could feel the extra power, bent 3 push rods second pull, going to buy another set!
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:17am
yep, very nice! Just need to put good push-rods in too, since the more aggressive valve opening will bend stock ones eventually. Obviously, you need to make sure you have adequate valve reliefs in the pistons, since these rockers will add quite a bit of valve lift to an engine that's already close to hitting.
Beirnesy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beirnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm
Anyone on here using Murphy  roller tip rockers?

1969 220,1967 190DXT,1968 190DXT, LGT's 710,,716
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic