This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wc puller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrightbro1296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wc puller
    Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 4:38pm
hey everybody I've got a wc puller that i pull stone boat with. i weigh 2950 with me on it and have cast centers. i had the wild idea of seeing if i can make it in the local 2500 pound class. just curious if anybody has done it or tips such as (use a ca front end) or something like that. its got .125 flat tops win 45 crank. big carb and lots of fuel. i think i can dominate the 2500 pound class if i can get that light. any input is helpful. thanks
Sponsored Links

dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 6:39pm
change to press steel 24' back wheels' would be a lot lighter.
Robacpuller View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robacpuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:11pm
Take off whatever don't go up and down or turn. Lol
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 12:14pm
Not cheap, but it can be done, RC rear end, or the guts in a light WC rear end (39 or early 40) tin wheels or lightened cast centers, aluminum frame rails and a few other parts will easily get you in there. You will also need to pay attention to tire weight, they vary a lot.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 3:27pm
Years ago someone did that here locally. They use a set of 28" spokes with tubeless tires and made aluminum frame rails along with only a very small car radiator.  It still needed a driver of less that 100 pounds and would overheat if it ran more than the length of the track. If you're running a 2500 pound class with no extra allowed weight a CA is very tough to beat for any kind of pulling.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 3:36pm
Sometimes, stripping them down doesn't work as good as you think. When you're right at the edge on weight, it's hard to balance a tractor.

I agree with PaulB. If you want to pull 2500, a CA is your best bet.
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 1:24pm
I have pulled a styled WC with pressed steel 24" wheels at 3000 lbs. Transfer sled not dead weight, but this tractor was poorly balanced. It was way better at 3500.
Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic