This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coggonobrien's D15 Series III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 8:39am

Hey Coggin,,,can you post some side view pics of the engine that shows the Hyd. pump, idler, fan, water pump,,?? Thanks.
   You might want to consider a 5 blade fan that will move lots more air than the 4 blade. The D15 Series II, I used to have,  had the 5 blade fan and was noticeably louder than the 4 blade on the D14. 
   I was wonderin how you were going to address the additional pully to drive the new pump,, My D14 has the single pully and now driving the front mounted pump and don't look like any room to add another pully,,,????
 Thanks,,,ClapClap
Sponsored Links

dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:08am
which one is the DR.??? That guy is a walking book of knowledge on ACs
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 7:08am
Started fitting up the console tonight, Looks like it's going to fit like it's meant to.  just need to drill 2 new bolt holes.  The 2nd picture is an illusion, my leg is not rubbing the console

TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:35am
The more you show on this, the more it makes me wonder how easy it would be to adapt the controls plate like yours for right hand use on the 415 crank mounted pump, and use the loader reservoir like it is. Have been thinking about valving up something for rear two-way cylinder use off the crank pump and sure would be nice to have those controls on that right side.
Excellent post and much appreciated that you are taking the time to document this work.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:37am
It wouldn't be tough, it's just a matter running hose.  The valve stack has 1 input and 1 outlet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Coggin,,,can you post some side view pics of the engine that shows the Hyd. pump, idler, fan, water pump,,?? Thanks.
   You might want to consider a 5 blade fan that will move lots more air than the 4 blade. The D15 Series II, I used to have,  had the 5 blade fan and was noticeably louder than the 4 blade on the D14. 
   I was wonderin how you were going to address the additional pully to drive the new pump,, My D14 has the single pully and now driving the front mounted pump and don't look like any room to add another pully,,,????
 Thanks,,,ClapClap

I will get you some more pictures this weekend.  With a d14 pulley bolted to the front of the original d15 pulley we did miss the fan.  Currently having what would be the motor side of the pulley machined down then we will reinstall.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:23am
Originally posted by dpower dpower wrote:

which one is the DR.??? That guy is a walking book of knowledge on ACs

Doc is in the blue coat
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 3:08pm
Wow, beautiful work.  I see the D 15 is one of those extremely rare air cooled models! LOL
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 3:11pm
Wish me luck boys, I'm in the running for free paint and tires.

Edited by coggonobrien - 03 Feb 2017 at 3:29pm
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 7:08pm
Well seeing as we didn't make the cut, I wish you all the luck!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 7:35pm
What did you enter
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:03pm
Late FIL's Cub Loboy. Dad's WD and Gdad's WC aren't running right now
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 6:52am
Again, very nice work. It proves to yourself that anything can be done. After doing a few things like this it makes you think from a different point of veiw when you do a project.Makes the "inventivness" come out. A lot of fun when not pressed for time. Good Job!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 8:25am
[TUBE]XJ16vPA4zKg[/TUBE]

[TUBE]vY6b1fqbG6w[/TUBE]
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:40am

Gosh Dang Coggin,,,,,you and The Doctor just don't let much grass grow under your feet do Ya,,,????ClapClap. Thet set-up looks great,,,and again KUDOS for thinkin on the idea of using the thermo housing for the mounting of the bracket. (great!)
 You mentioned using a D14 pulley and machining the backside,,,,that one looks to be bigger,,,but,,,the big center hole would,,I think,,allow the drive shaft to go thru it to engage on inside pulley,,,,, HMMmmmmm,,,,I Like it,,,!!!!
   Now,,,all you need is to get you a 5 blade fan and lash it all up,,,,,ClapClapClap
  American Engineuity at it's best,,,,,,ClapClap

Edited by desertjoe - 05 Feb 2017 at 9:41am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:55am
This is the Doctors vision at my request. T stat housing mount is his idea. That pulley is a d14 pulley, we still need to machine a pocket so it seats into the d15 shoe string pulley

Edited by coggonobrien - 05 Feb 2017 at 10:21am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 10:22am
Gotcha, just an FYI for next year but contest says the tractor needs to be mechanically sound
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 5:50am
Here is the additional crank pulley.  It is a d14 crank pulley (5/8" belt) bought new from DJS Tractor.  We machined down the block side of the pulley and will bolt it together with grade 8, 7/16 bolts with centerlock nuts.  Ignore the writing, they are just machinist notes.

untouched front surface

machined rear, the pocket seats into the original d15 pulley shoulder.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 6:14am

Hey Coggin,,,,,,you just goin right along ain't you,,,!!! I'm curious,, how much clearance did you wind up with from the D14 pulley to the back of the PS reservoir,,??
    You just gave me an idea on how to address my set-up, which already has an additional pulley for the front mounted pump,,,  I could possibly add the outer part of another sheave to the OD of the front pump for the additional belt,,,???  HMmmmm,,,,
 Gonna run out there when sun comes up and take a close look-see,,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 6:26am
I can post pictures when I put the pulley back on.  There's plenty of room.

Edited by coggonobrien - 07 Feb 2017 at 6:28am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 8:46pm
Well we are starting reassembly.  belt is 54" long x 5/8".  front pulley is held on with 7/16 gd 8 bolts.  bought them long and cut them off to have as much unthreaded shank as possible.  t-stat housing is held down with grade 8 bolts, hardened washers and lock washers.  hydraulic remotes are all 3/8" jic with break away coupler's.  New mounting plate is grade 50, 10 gauge mild.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 3:08am

Gosh,,Coggin,,,you're just goin right along ain't you,,??Clap That Dr. is something else,,Clap I know it's an optical illusion but the fan blade in second pic sure looks like it's bent,,,,???
    My one little concern,,, due to havin broken the T-stat housing  on my D14, ( pot metal) is to use some big flat washers on the 4 bolts to spread out the clamping forces as much as possible,,,??
  Lookin good,,,,!!!Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 7:35am
The fans not bent but the corners were clipped for the original loader hydraulic pump install.  I would find hardened washers (black ones) vs larger ones.  There really isn't any more surface area for a larger washer and the concern is when you crank on the bolts the force tries to draw the bolt through the center hole which distorts the washer and turns it into a wedge.  If I was you I would find a new housing to ensure no failure
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allis-Chalmers-D14-D15-Tractor-Thermostat-Housing-/222407887785?hash=item33c88b0ba9:g:b8sAAOSw3v5YoQtp
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 12:18pm
Breakaways installed

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 12:55pm
https://youtu.be/npgtGgWNgvc

Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:06pm
Looking great!
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:01pm
[TUBE]npgtGgWNgvc[/TUBE]

Edited by coggonobrien - 06 Mar 2017 at 3:03pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:09pm
The Dr. testing how the reworked shifter, no more popping out of 3rd gear

[TUBE]P4VQbOnoDZo[/TUBE]

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:53pm
Top plate lasered, just need to drill the seat bolt holes.

Edited by coggonobrien - 09 Mar 2017 at 6:28pm
copyrite1972 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copyrite1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:27pm
Great work guys!!!!
D15 Series II
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic