This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACC-30 Forklift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acc30acfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACC-30 Forklift
    Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 6:47am
I purchased an ACC-30 forklift and I'm looking for a service manual.  It has a flathead 4 cylinder engine, I thinking it may be a Waukesha because of the different head design (the exit for the water ramps up to the thermostat over most of the head) but I have no idea what the model number is.  There seems to be very little information available for both the forklift and engine.  Does anyone know the years these were built and what engines they came with?
Sponsored Links

BHenson View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:36am
Here is a link to Google document where you can download the manual: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bulGTjiC9c4odTtR1pHVtIS0RDCFDUAZx_-QYWgo35k/edit
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:56am
try....
http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/

it'll take you awhile as you WILL get sidetracked with all the neat AC stuff and more this guy has to see !!!
search 'allis lift' can help
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:27am
Any idea how old this machine is? Sounds like it could be a model A engine, but without a pic. I really can't say for sure.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:30am
probably a Continental engine... they were put into everything.....
Willys pickups
tow behind welders
forklifts....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
acc30acfl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acc30acfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 10:48am
acc30acfl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acc30acfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 10:58am
Here are a couple of photos of the engine.  Any help in identifying the manufacturer would be appreciated.
acc30acfl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acc30acfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:04am
I want to thank the forum members that responded regarding the manual on the forklift, one of the sites did have the manual for the ACC40 which does share some of the same components.  I am still looking for manual specific to the ACC30.
BHenson View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:28pm
From the picture your engine looks like a Waukesha.  If I remember correctly, the continental F163 had the distributor sticking out of the top of the cylinder head. It has been 35 years since I worked at Allis Chalmers so my memory might be foggy. Also regarding the manual,  the google site says it has the ACC-30 manual for download.
acc30acfl View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acc30acfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:37pm
Thank you for looking at the photos, from what I could find it does appear to be a Waukesha engine however there is very little information on the internet on Waukesha engines.  Regarding the Google link you sent I do appreciate it but when I attempted to download it, it ended up being an exe. file, not a pdf so I did not open it. I don't know if I can trust that site for that reason.
Elky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:43pm
I couldn't make the google link work, either. I bought an acc30 to use around my shop, and I found manuals at a place in MA.  I'm at home, so I'll post the name in a day or so.  They weren't cheap!  Did any one come up with an online source that works?  The google like says I have to ask permission, so I did, but nothing came of it... That is definitely not a continental engine, as the other poster says, the continental has the goofy looking distributor coming out of the top of the cylinder head.  (My acc30 has a continental)  I found a good source of reasonably priced continental parts; I'll post that later, too.
Allan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic