This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My hd5g loader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:34pm
Smacking the head of that pin (in the direction it was inserted, with a 5 lb hammer might loosen the fit too?
Running out of things here!:)
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:45pm
Not sure you have enough room. but if you could weld  big nut on the end of the pin you might be able to turn it while heating the eyes?
Sound like these are pretty well growed in there?
If you have to make new parts due to wear then cutting it apart may be a option or last resort?
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 3:53am
Just a thought for a possible try, stick a pin in the hole through the bolt to have something to pry against.  Then use a pry bar under that cross pin to put pressure on the tapered pin you're trying to remove, then use a hammer and hit the boss that the pin is tight in.  The shock of the boss being hit will loosen the pin and it will come out.  I've removed several tie rods this way and it doesn't take an extreme amount of pressure on the pry bar to get them to move.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 4:16am
And don't pussyfoot

Use a very BFH
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:27pm
Yea, What Ian said!:)
Regards,
 Chris
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 1:18am
It's awesome to have help and all this wonderful knowledge and ideas. You guys are great. And I love to see a love for old iron ,especially the hd5.
     Best machine ever made. ( my opinion)
     Thanks guys
        Happy holidays!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:16pm
Merry Christmas!
Doesnt seem like we are helping much! Stuck, rusted, busted, worn parts, dont seem to move much with a few lines of text. But I do know that folks on here have helped me with a couple tractors! Where are you in PA?
Regards,
 Chris
nanuk View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 9:29pm
any updates?

or do I need to make another batch of popcorn and get comfortable?

Edited by nanuk - 13 Mar 2017 at 9:29pm
AC7060Pd 1975
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic