This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My hd5g loader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 5:10am
You will need a service manual. Is not so simple to remove pin replace bushing as is a press fit assembly into the truck frame casting.

Sponsored Links

jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 12:39am
The front is bolted the rear is pin and bushing.
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 12:35am
That's the one but it doesn't ocilate .it holds the rear end of the loader frame tight to the truck frame. When the pin and bushings are worn,the loader frame moves back and forth. I want to rebush it.

wayneIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayneIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 9:13pm
If you are talking about the pin I think you are. The one inside the frame by the final drive.  You are looking at part of the undercarriage system, this is the pivot pin for when you have a dozer or ag tractor with a leaf spring support in place of the rigid cross beam that your loader is bolted to now to allow the tracks to oscillate with the terrain.  My HD5 only has bolts in the front on the rigid beam and rear just ahead of the final drive that holds the entire loader frame on if I remember correctly. 
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 8:53pm
I am not referring to the Trax master pin. I am referring to the pin that holds the reservoir /loader frame to the truck frame. It bolts to the rigid beam front and has a pin in the rear behind the drive sprocket.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 6:59pm
Put photo up of what you are looking at. I think there be some confusion starting.
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 6:40pm
There is a master pin and master link that are different. Usually the master link is slightly longer. Position the master pin on the idler or sprocket use a drift and a large hammer to remove the master pin. be aware that the track is going to fly appart when the pin is removed. The master pin is fitted looser the other pins are press fit and require a press to remove. Have you located new pins and bushings?

Some aftermarket pins and bushings are made slip fit. Those pins are welded to the links at assembly.
jturano11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jturano11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 5:23pm
I am currently trying to rebush my pins on Mt loader reservoirs. Does anyone know how to remove the pins. I don't know if they're drawn in with the rear bolt as a press fit or its like a regular pin on a loader bucket. It's in a spot you can't use a sledge. I can heat it but how can I pull it out? The pin has a hole thru the head ,is this for some type of removal aid?
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic