This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why does folks do this to me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why does folks do this to me
    Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:39pm
I have an overwhelming desire to get to playing with a well functioning road grader, and so far I just have two malfunctioning road graders sitting in the yard, along with at least 100 other projects, waiting for me to turn my attention to them. Then what happens. ..? Well I do may daily visit to bis-man online, put allis chalmers in the search bar, and what is the first thing that pops up. ...? An M100B road grader sitting there looking like a million bucks, and ad says "transmission doesn't work; make an offer". So far I've exercised self control, and not called and made an offer, but what, what, what if he'd take 100 bucks for it. ? And it's soooooo much newer and nicer than the 2 I already have. This one even has cab glass, and I'd bet a heater, too. And what if the transmission would happen to be something real simple. Perhaps I need help, in fact I KNOW I need help. Lol. Darrel
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 8:37pm
Shameless what are you waiting on help your buddy Darrel.  I am thinking if you keep him snowed in somebody else can get stuck with this non running piece of history.

Or you could go out back of the shed and dig him up one of the cans you got stashed.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:48pm
Darrel, Darrel Get over it! remember we did the diagnosis, "IRON DISEASE" Get on with it! Just go ahead on offer $200.00  "The Allis Chalmers Grader Collection of North Dakota"  (coming soon)
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 1:46am
lol@Mel....yep Darrell, me thinks you need to just pick a few things to burn yer money on instead of 200 different things! I say 200, cuz if you already gots 100, it won't be long before it doubles! me thinks when it warms up and dries up at your place, I wanna come play there! i'm real good at dismantling, it's up to you to puts it all back together in werking order! might save you a little time!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 1:47am
Ray...I thinks yer right, if'n I keeps him snowed in, maybe he'll gits some of that stuff werked on instead of running all over buyin more stuff!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 6:43am
Well, the way the weather is here today, I think my best option is to put up a small shed over top of the HD5G that's already in the big shed, in order to somewhat contain enough heat around it to be a good working environment. Then concentrate on getting it operational, and forget about the road graders, for the present time at least. Weather is quite "Shameless-ized". Darrel
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 11:15am
Well if your looking for a grader project - I have a  (aprox 1938) Adams 411 grader that needs a home - all mechanical on lift / tilt  / circle / lean -  IH engine UD14 - 
 Name starts with A and ends with S - sorry as close to AC as I can come on graders 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 11:30am
No, no, no, no Coke. No more projects, except maybe this M100B. Lol. Trying to trend towards newer, not older anyhow. Darrel
ghostriderinthesky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 5:08pm
I have a functioning AD4 i will sell you. everything works except the alternator.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 8:49pm
Ghost, ya had to do that didn't ya.  I can hear ole Darrel shaking and stormin around his shop trying to figure how to get more machines inside, and you go an offer the poor guy another machine, and Coke, you're not much better with that red machine you are trying to pawn off on the poor guy!  LOL
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 1:29am
I gots a pull type grader somewhere here, with angle and tilt.....hmmmmm.....wonder where I parked it???
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 2:32am
Darrel

Sounds like you have been updated

"Darrel saves -  interesting Allis products"
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
Darrel if you get that 100b, you'll forget about your other graders. I've ran one and they're a good machine. Good luck on your dilemma. LOL!!
Ya cain't fix stupid.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:17am
Yes, D grader, if I could get rid of the forty-five and the AD3, I'd be all over that M100B. I am sure that it would be a far better machine. Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:36am
Adams is Orange and engine is yellow - has a heater box inside - just no window glass in cab - does have a brand new cutting edge on moldboard - spark plugs and carb on one side injectors and pump on the other -  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 12:23pm
he could glue sum plexiglass to them openings couldn't he Coke?
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 11:55am
It seems when I see a good running specimen without issues, they go for pretty good bucks. I'm guessing your small road work, parking lot type construction pavers buy them.  I think you better go buy that one Darrel, fix the two, keep one, make some money, Trev.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 12:14pm
I got all the plexiglass for it already - only thing is I stored it with the paper still on it - now it just doesn't come off easily - something about setting for 20 or so years makes the paper stick on 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 12:42pm
I had to open up that M100B ad again this morning, and drool over it again for an hour. Looks to even have a scarifier on it. Got dangerously close to hitting the "text seller" button, but chickened out. Darrel
jorstad brothers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorstad brothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 1:35pm
do you want me to do it for you??? i saw the ad a while ago and though you should have it.
remember plunder than burn
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 2:46pm
do it Mitch! what are us friends for anyways? I give him the stuff for him to go play in, then he says he can't play right now! WTF?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 3:59pm
Well Shameless, me ain't just sure what I'd have to pay for that, and it does say something to the effect of "transmission doesn't work right", or something like that. But I sure could have some fun with it in the plentiful supply of snow that you sent up here. Maybe playing in the snow with that would make me a little less cranky. Least wise, my wife, for some reason, thinks I'm cranky.
And Mitchell, you had ought to check it out. It's just a short little jaunt for you to go over to Minot and fetch it, haul it back to your shop and fix the transmission, and let Santa Clause deliver it to me. Lol Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 4:02pm
Mitch must have a heated shop?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorstad brothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 7:21pm
ya we have several that are heated.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorstad brothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:35pm
well Darrel i called and left a message on that blade. now we will find what wrong with that trans.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 2:14am
Good nuff
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 7:07am
well?  inquiry minds wanna know!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 8:15am
Well Shameless. He wants 2,500 bucks for it. It has some sort of a clutch issue. All of this according to Mitch, who wouldn't lie about a thing like that. If I wasn't shy 2,500 bucks I'd own it. It looks like an excellent machine. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 12:03pm
that's why there's a bank in town
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

that's why there's a bank in town

The Shameless National Bank.......?
Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic