This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just wanted to say thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just wanted to say thanks
    Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:29pm
As most of you may know, my dad and I have been selling AC parts. We started this business about 5 years ago, right about the time I started high school. Of course being a farm kid, I enrolled in FFA. 9th grade I learned I had to do an SAE project, so I talked with my dad and he agreed to help me start my own business. Running alongside his, I worked with the B and C AC tractors. I bought, took apart, and sold parts to you guys here on the forum and at swap meets. Well, with this project I ended up getting runner-up at State FFA Convention two years in a row in AG Sales. Then my senior year, I won state, moving on to nationals. There, in August, I found out I was a National finalist (top 4) in AG sales Entrepreneurship. About a week ago, I went to Indianapolis for the National FFA Convention to do one last interview on my project and then the awards ceremony. I didn't win unfortunately, but it was still a big deal that I was a national finalist. All I can say is, I wouldn't have made it that far without all you guys that bought parts from me. Thank you. (I'm the taller guy on the left, my FFA Instructor is on the right, and in the middle were two other guys from my school that ended up winning)

L&L Tractor Parts (Wells, MN-just off I-90)
Specializing in AC tractor and Equiment Parts
Call 952-290-1063 or email llacparts@gmail.com
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:34pm
Good job bud !
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:38pm
Great Job!!!  You and your dad have a real good thing there, and I appreciate how you take care of us.  Congratulation!!!!  Well Done!!
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:47pm
 Congratulations! That's a real accomplishment! I'll never forget how proud I was to win at this spring's State Convention. 

But now I'm left wondering...I won state this spring when I got 1st place in "Ag Mechanics Repair and Maintenance" (For my SAE restoring my 8N). I was then placed in the National judging, and didn't win 1st, but I got Gold, which I guess is 2nd place. I asked my Ag teacher if I got to go to the convention to get some kind of award, since I ranked so high. He said no, since I didn't win 1st I didn't win anything. I thought that was kinda weird and thought it might be bogus (He's not a very good teacher. Sits at his desk all day looking at 4 wheelers and 8Ns on Craigslist while eating sunflower seeds and chewing snuff. I never learned a thing in his class, over the 3 years I was in it) 
I wish I knew someone higher up the ladder to ask. I'm going to be...well....mad...if I was supposed to be there and didn't know about it.
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 7:53pm
Great Job Lad.
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
rodnil View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodnil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:31pm
Good job young man, I'm sure Mom and Dad are proud of you. I enjoy talking with you and your dad at events.
HaroldOmaha View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaroldOmaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:40pm
  It's great that your Dad helped you start your own business .  Maybe now you can sell WD 45 parts. There is thousands of them still operating and looking for parts. Good luck in the future.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 9:00pm
Well done Lad!!  You did a really good job and you should be proud!  I know someone who IS really proud of you!!  Just say "Thanks Dad"... oh ......a hug wouldn't hurt either.  Dad's seldom show their son's how much they mean to them........I'm guilty.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:14pm
Great job! Was vice president of our chapter my senior year. Never went beyond regional competition myself. Still enjoyed my time in FFA!
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:25pm
Terrific! Congrats!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:50pm
congrats to you! keep it up! we'll all still need you
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:19pm
good JOB'' MR' LADD.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:02am
Good job.  

Bought something from you a few years ago - not knowing anything about your business reputation at that time.  Service was quick, and I was another satisfied customer.  Will not hesitate to contact you again if I need something.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 6:37am
Congratulations, that's a great accomplishment. I never bought any B or C parts from you, but always had great dealings with you on other parts. Thanks for the good service and keep up the good work.

Edited by Allis dave - 01 Nov 2016 at 7:27am
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:22am
Great job!!!   
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:13am
Congrats on a fine job and to your Dad also for a hand up and not a hand out, you learned more and he's got reason to be proud.
Maximum use of available resources!
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:14am
Congrats!

No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:00am
Congratulations!

Creston if it is the same as it was 10 years ago when I was a state winner. They send all the applications to the National committee to select a handful to bring in for interviews. The remaining are broken into the Gold, Silver, and bronze categories. Like yourself I was a gold winner but nothing was said at National Convention that year.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 11:39am
Congratulations
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
orange knight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 4:21pm
Creston, after the state level, they are judged against other state winners. They then pick the top 4 to go down to nationals. One of the kids from my school won in AG Mech. I think the "gold" rating you got might have been the rating they gave your project, something they do at the state level too.
L&L Tractor Parts (Wells, MN-just off I-90)
Specializing in AC tractor and Equiment Parts
Call 952-290-1063 or email llacparts@gmail.com
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 6:48pm
My Sincere Congratulations for a GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!!
Just goes to show with imagination and work you can accomplish much.
Continued Good Luck!
Bill Long

dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:23pm
Congrats Lad on your business and award. Always enjoy talking to you and your dad at different shows. You guys treat people right on parts which means a lot and gets you repeat customers. 
Adam Stratton View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Stratton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:48pm
Congrats! Lots of good memories from my FFA days!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 7:43am
Awesome work Laddy!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:07am
Congratulations.  Keep up the good work as you progress in your career.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:10am
Great job Laddy!! Your Dad I'm sure is proud of you! I started my business right outta' high school. This year it will be 50 years for me being in business. Best of luck in the future for you. See you and your Dad at the shows. Tell Dad I said Howdy.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:38am
 Thank you too, for all you and your father have done for me. Your right, that is still an honor to have gotten as far as you did. Keep up the good work.  Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 2:24pm
Great job. are you into the FFA Alumni yet, a good organization.
Tom
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 3:32pm
I've purchased items from him, he's good to deal with!
AJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:04pm
Man you clean up pretty good! Congrats
Can't fix stupid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic