This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

you ever just stop and look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you ever just stop and look
    Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:55am
you ever just stop and look for a min and think what am i doing lol got so much to do and no time to work on anything

the D19 needs a head gasket(i thought it had a crack in the head but after having it checked it didnt) the problem was the guys we got it from reused head bolts and it didnt last to long.

the dodge needed exhaust gaskets and AC rebuilt. 

the deere needed AC built also.  got the deere done last week
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
Sponsored Links

Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:59am
yeah funny. Even worse when at the end of the day or week you say "What did I do all week?"
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:06am
im wondering how it would feel with only 3 projects!!
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:15am
ohh cal(KS) theres 3 more behind those and another 8 miles down the road and 4 more in another shed .. that need some work  just a few hours spent on them not counting those that need tons 
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:17am
I figured out if you put some stuff off long enough, It never does need to be done.
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:30am
iv got tractors like our series4 d17 diesel 3pt that needs its wiring done
and a 1206 that doesnt need nothin but blasted and painted and sold lol
and my d21 that needs some head work. itll run now tho.

its just hard to crop, take care of cattle, make hay, feed hay.
run outa day light lol

what really messed alot up was when we croped a 1000 acers. and we put our cattle 2nd and our repairs last 
we have cut down to about 400 acers now 
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:34am
Come take a look in my barns and sheds!! Couple years ago I came to the realization that there wasn't enough years left and I started selling down, but kept enough to keep my fingers busy when I retireWink
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:34pm
Sometimes I think I accomplish, all day, is carrying parts, from one building, to another...
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:54pm
I'm in the same boat. I've got a bunch of projects, I've been constantly busy since 2013 when I got the 8N, and right now I'm repairing a 60A, building a forge, building a motor bike, and I just got my B overhauled (thank goodness) and I'm trying to find either a running 1.25 hp Briggs and Stratton model N motor or something similar for my 1946 David Bradley garden tractor, I'm rebuilding a part of a footer and an old granary my g-g-granddad built, I'm trying to find a bunch of original Douglas Fir tongue and groove siding for it so I can paint it. Then I need to do the same thing to a hay barn and two hen houses that need some love. Maybe not "some", try "a lot". 

None of the projects are that hard, but I just don't have time. Now that I'm in college, that put the last nail in the coffin, as far as getting everything done before winter goes. Ermm 

Oh...there's also the 1966 Ford 250 that was my Dad's that I'm trying to fix up. 

Edited by CrestonM - 12 Oct 2016 at 7:55pm
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:56pm
Hello Guys!!   In May 1995 I was a happy Dumb trail riding city cowboy!   In June I bought my first tractor "1929 Allis E-20-35   Fast forward, about 70 AC tractors etc.  8 rebuilt motors waiting, I40 was to be finished for 2005 GOTO new tires paint,still in the same spot.  There must be a time in our lives when other things are more important, than what was important in our lives!!!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 8:21pm
I hear you on the no time for projects.   I am finishing my haying this summer using my friends tractor because my d17 blew the motor my case 5240 blew the transmission last summer but I haven't had the time or money to rebuild it as it also needs rings and bearing because of the high hours. My pasquali 988 needs a motor overhaul cylinders rebuilt all 6 hydraulic cylinders leak my d15 needs two hydraulic cylinders rebuilt I am loading hay by hand now because my grapple goes on the d15 or the case but both need work. Oh and my old farmall h is a total basket case. Oh I forgot my little case ingersoll needs the steering fixed it started jumping thw steering gear this summer so I can't rake hay with it. And my wood shed is empty with fall here now and I am burning wood tonight.... farming is a life of too many projects and too little time.

Edited by Dan73 - 12 Oct 2016 at 8:22pm
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 10:56pm
I stop and look everytime i'm out back doing something else....whew....
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:05pm
Yea I hear you too. My mind wants to do way more then I can anymore after my injury.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:24pm

"" farming is a life of too many projects and too little time.""

Gosh,,Dan,,,six of your tractors down needin some work,,,and now you havin to bale hay by hand,,,,,,,,and,,,,and,,,winter comin on like gangbusters,,,,,,,well,,,if you didn't live so dang far,,,why,,,I'd come help Ya get some of thet equipment fixed up and in workin condition,,,,,Clap
   CHIT,,,I don't do any farmin and I STILL ain't got time for the chit I really wanna work on,,,,the good thing bout all this,,,,is I'm pretty sure the sun will be up in the mornin for another chance at gettin some more projects done,,,,,ClapClap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 2:36am
well....Joe....you just need to pack up a Chevy with tools and take off across the country helping all us poor folks fix our stuff! be a good way to see the country and to meet us all, and i'm sure you'd gits yer belly full of good eats! i'd even clean out the motorhome for ya to stay in! most places would have a place inside or partly inside for ya to work!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 2:37am
better mark yer tools tho.....you know that Les!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 2:51am

better mark yer tools tho.....you know that Les!
LOLLOL
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 4:46am
Joe you could sell your house and get a really nice motor home because I am pretty sure there are enough of us out here you will never get home. I didn't mention that the only piece of hay equipment I have that doesn't need work is my rake. I am not even sure how to get the baler apart enough to do some of the fixes. Right now it is in farmer limp along mode and we'll it has baled about 4000 bales like that but I have to check a handful of patches before I start it.
Oh well i will find a way to get it all done always find a way to get by. Finally starting to make a little extra hay I can sell so that will really help.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:45am
I should sell all my hay equipment, never gots to use the baler/accumulator or the restored rake!  
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:49am
gee, just 3 projects ? Around here that's just a morning's worth of 'projects'.....
2 are easy 'fixes'... OPEN the windows of those 'need A/C repairs' ! Concentrate on what really matters running ORANGE !!
Made a 2nd shelf for the 'nine foot long rack of stuff'...within an hour IT was full and I'm STILL tripping over 'stuff',mostly OTHER people's 'stuff'....

Like others, my todo list is long, days are short and the body,well, it ain't young anymore.

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 5:51am
Well shameless just drive around and find a small field that is still tall they will be happy to let you come bale it up for mulch then you can try out that rebuilt equipment.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:21am
Joe, you can stop in MI on the way out to Dan's. I've got a couple weeks worth of things for ya, and a warm bed, and plenty to eat.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 6:37am

More then you could ever imagine ,over the years buying ,buying ,buying .trailer loads of AC stuff .It was about 10 years ago I ask my self this ?.
I started My Tractor Repair business in 2002 ,I started working at a AC dealer in 1980. Once I started in business I did not have as much time to play as hard as I was. That's when I built MY Showroom ,kept the things I really wanted .That's how I got where I am today .Still have a few things to weed out ,but I am getting there .

Here is one picture of how the Showroom started out back then .I have been changing it around after ,still playing buying and selling ,just not projects ,unless I just buy them and pass them on .

Here is one of the other end now .

Edited by Fred in Pa - 13 Oct 2016 at 6:45am
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:09am
me thinks....you need a bigger building! (nice tho)
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:33am
If I never took on another project, just the projects I have will last me until I am gone, and probably most of the kids life, too. (Says this as he bought another project yesterday) Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:59am

"" I am pretty sure there are enough of us out here you will never get home.""
  Gosh,,wouldn't that be a great way to see these United States and,,,,and,,,,meet a bunch of great AC folks,,,,ClapClap,,,,PLUS make some good money as well,,,,,,but,,,,but after I get done with the d14,,,,(any day now),,,I'm gonna jump all over the 55 and get that one done,,,and guess I;m gonna have to make my own rear bumper for it ,,, so's I can pull the tool trailer around to all these farms,,,,,ClapClap
 Hey Fred,,,them' some fine lookin tractors ,,Clap,,but I'm leanin towards that other part of the barn where the 65-6? Elky,,,and thet 67 ? Super Sport are restin,,,,,can't see the flags but I'm bettin ole Shameless's speedo, thet one is a big block,,,,????ClapClap
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:03am
Well Joe I am sure that 55 will have enough power to pull alot of tools around. Just make sure you get the brakes upgraded. Don't want you going splat into something on your way up here.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:44am
Joe, "you gonna bet ole Shameless's speedo....?" Now that, my friend, I have no idea how to put a value on. Maybe if he autographed it, and then 100 years after he is gone, it may have some value to some of his descendents. As for right now, all that I would bet against it is my wi......awe, never mind that. And the other stipulation would be that it could only be an un-used speedo. Darrel
BlackFatbob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackFatbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 12:02pm
Big time.  Especially on those days I don't get to see the house during daylight.
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 2:54am
Originally posted by acd21man acd21man wrote:

you ever just stop and look for a min and think what am i doing lol got so much to do and no time to work on anything

the D19 needs a head gasket(i thought it had a crack in the head but after having it checked it didnt) the problem was the guys we got it from reused head bolts and it didnt last to long.

the dodge needed exhaust gaskets and AC rebuilt. 

the deere needed AC built also.  got the deere done last week
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic