This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7045 Pulling Tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7045 Pulling Tractor
    Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 11:06am
The 7045 I just bought is going to be a full time puller. One of the first things we are going to do is split it and do something with the Torque Limiter.  I know a lot of guys bolt them solid, some double spring them. Is one way better than another? I don't really understand how either is accomplished either. Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

AC 7060 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 9:22pm
I had mine double sprung and it worked till just guessing 300 to 400 hp but I would skip that and just bolt it solid.
AndyinWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 9:51pm
How did you do it? Tap holes in the flywheel?
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 8:40am

I took the backer plate to the machine shop with the heavy duty 6 pad torque limiter and they taped 6 holes in the backer plate. The bolts fit nicely into 6 holes into the torque limiter so it cant turn, its not bolted directly the bolts are stops. You should consider a steel flywheel, if it blows you would be libel. I had Rursch make a heavy one based on Uni , kinda spendy but I wont lose sleep!
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 6:54pm
Depending how hot you are willing to go, I have designed an adapter to mount one of my DB450 pumps on the 7000 series engines. The DM is a great pump, just not as much fuel can be squeezed out of them.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Boldt220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boldt220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:55pm
Will the 2 speed speed take that kinda power. Or what do you do to it to take that power?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 7:53am
7030 clutch is 3-disc LOW and 2-disc HIGH design. The 7580 tractor is 5-LOW and 3-HIGH and fits in a 7030 tractor. You might be surprised how much HP the stock clutch will hold IF IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION WITH NEW SEALS AND DRIVE DISCS/PLATES and turn up clutch pressure a bit, maybe 240 psi?? Torque limiter has to be bolted solid either by your creation or a custom built drive disc.
AndyinWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:06am
Dr.-
What about in a powershift tractor? Should I adjust the transmission pressure up a bit, or leave it alone? Hopefully I have enough power to break the tires lose and keep them spinning. We will find out Sunday night I guess. Haha
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:09am
No need to think about adjusting pressure up on either transmission, unless your HP gets much over 300.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:10am
The torque limiter is another matter.......
AndyinWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:14pm
According to Ed Guenther I am around the 500hp mark
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 3:07pm
Sure hope you've done something with the torque limiter on the flywheel.
AndyinWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 6:14pm
I drilled and tapped the end plate for bolts that act as stops in the holes on the 6 button disk
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 9:59am
Yes, your hp potential is around the 500 mark. But, running a lower gear will be easier on the drive train, and will not tap in to your available hp as much. Can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Joe(IA) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 7:14pm
Andy, make sure and do your home work on the details.  All that hp won't help you if you are off on weight distribution, tire pressure, hitch height and down shifting timing.  We pulled a black belly 7060 pd with around 400 hp in iowa and minnesota years ago and we didn't loose very often.  We ran BF goodrich radials and those tires were hard to beat.  Ran in 5th gear in 15k class and 4th in 18k class.  Good luck!

AndyinWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 5:59am
Well, I had a successful first run. I didn't get last place, and I was able to drive it on the trailer. The transmission slipped at 260' and I was done. The track was sticky and I never spun a tire. I ran 11.2 MPH in 3rd High. Any help with what to do with the transmission will be appreciated. I think I have found a parts tractor so that I can convert to power director over the winter.

Thanks, Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic